General Motors East Africa, the leading automotive company in the East Africa region, has the following career opportunity:
Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Engineer
- Reporting to the General Manager, Facilities and EHS the successful candidate will be responsible for the following functions:
- Overall supervision of the EHS and Industrial Hygiene function.
- Compliance with EHS Legal and Corporate requirements.
- Maintaining procedures and records for the Environment Management Systems (EMS) and Safety & Industrial Hygiene systems.
- Planning, scheduling and monitoring of internal and external EMS audits.
- Reporting and maintaining records of internal and external audits.
- Drive compliance with safety procedures and requirements through safety observation tours, audits, coordination of reviews and safety programs.
- Coordinating safety and environment incident reporting and closure of corrective actions.
- Champion awareness of EHS performance metrics.
For appointment to this position, the successful candidate must have the following minimum requirements:
- Degree in Engineering or other related field.
- At least five (5) years working experience in an EHS function.
- Postgraduate Diploma in EHS field will be an added advantage.
- Good leadership and communication skill
How to Apply
Please send your application and CV to:
The Compensation & HR Services Manager,
General Motors East Africa Ltd Enterprise/Mombasa Road P.O. Box 30527 – 00100,
Or Email: email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 28th September, 2015
General Motors East Africa Ltd assembles and distributes global vehicle brands Isuzu and Chevrolet