Field Finance & Administration Officer Job at VSF Germany
VSF Germany, Ngong’ Road, Piedmont Plaza, Opp. Former KSTC
VSF Germany is an international Non Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia & Ethiopia.
Finance & Admin Job Responsibilities
- Provide financial and administrative support to projects
- Manage the project cash in the field, keeping records of all the financial transactions
- Submit Monthly returns to RON within the given timelines, complete with the relevant supporting documents and EXCEL schedules for NAVISION postings.
- Facilitate contracts with third parties and ensure that services paid for are indeed rendered to projects in the field offices.
- Maintain well numbered records for all contracts and agreements signed in the field offices.
- Review invoices and all relevant supporting documents in order to verify that the commitments are properly incurred.
- Implement donor financial regulations in funds management at the field level.
- Manage the projects finance and over all local procurement ensuring that donor and organization’s policies are adhered to.
- Assist the project Managers in preparation of cash flow projections.
- Assist the project Managers in managing the budgets, preparing field documentation and submission of project reports to Regional office Nairobi (RON).
- Carry out reconciliation of bank, cash, customer and vendor accounts and ensure that the field records match with NAVISION.
- Support the Country Representative in the recruitment and induction of all staff at the field level.
- Process all the legal documentation of ground staff on recruitment and ensure timely salary payment for all in liaison with the Admin & HR Department.
- Supervise ground staff as appropriate.
- Keep and maintain up to date records of all ground staff contracts and communicate to RON all the ground staff changes.
- Under the supervision of the Country Representative manage inventory, including fuel and ensure inventory movement is well documented and distributed as per the laid rules and regulations.
- Support internal and external audits for the projects
- Carry out any other work related duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
Requirements for Finance & Admin Job
- University degree in Finance or Business studies and CPA Part II
- Proficiency in Office computer packages (word, excel) & experience in specialized accounting software.
- Knowledge of Navision an added advantage.
- 3 years minimum work experience in finance.
- Experience in a humanitarian or other International NGO
- Understanding of International Donor Regulations desirable.
- Knowledge of ECHO rules & regulations shall be an added advantage.
- Previous field level experience desirable
- Good communication both oral & written.
- A team player with good organizational skills.
- Field based with frequent travel within the project area/locations Marsabit, Mandera, Isiolo and Samburu Counties.
- The incumbent may be required to spend 100% of working time at the field Location.
- Available to serve on other teams and working groups as requested by the consortium.
Work Location: Field 100%
Project Duration: 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017
Reports to: Project Manager with a dotted line to the Regional Office, Nairobi
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified professionals should submit their applications, a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com, with the subject ‘Finance and Administration Officer’ by COB on Wednesday, 5th July, 2016. Applications will be assessed on a continuous basis and once a qualified individual is identified the opportunity will be closed. Only short-listed individuals will be contacted.