DSS, GIS, remote sensing specialist – Kenya Job Ref 24967BR Job Category Consultancy Geographical Information Systems International Development
Job Profile For an upcoming programme in Kenya, Mott MacDonald is currently proposing for, we are looking for aDSS, GIS, remote sensing specialist.
Background of the programme: The Kenya Water Security and Climate Resilience Project aims to improve the water resources management of Kenya’s 6 main catchments. The current catchment plans require substantial revision, especially in relation to spatial information and strategic visioning. The governmental agency, Kenya’s Water Resource Management Agency (WRMA), responsible for catchment plan development and implementation requires consultancy support to realise state-of-the-art knowledge and database management and to facilitate stakeholder processes for decision-making. The scope of the programme is thus to develop the capacity of WRMA in terms of tools, skills and infrastructure, to deliver on the core functions of project component “Strengthening Water Management and Planning”. This includes on-the-job development capacity building on the development of databases and new information systems, models, tools that will support WRMA’s work. The expected results of the programme are:
- A stronger WRMA institution that has strengthened capacity to carry out its core functions;
- Six integrated catchment management plans that outline the critical land and water resources development and management elements in a manner that is based on extensive knowledge-driven analysis and meets the expectations of all key-stakeholders. Job Description Tasks of the DSS, GIS, remote sensing specialist are, among others:
- Development of Decision Support Systems (DSS) and databases, including remote sensing and geographic information system (GIS) applications.
- Development of interactive knowledge products, like web portals with 3-D and animation visualizations and toolkits/atlases which enable users to explore catchments in a multi-dimensional perspective.
- Development of systems and applications in close consultation with various stakeholders.
- Building capacity of WRMA staff in DSS, GIS, remote sensing and interactive knowledge products. Candidate Specification Requirements:
- Post-graduate degree in Information DSS, remote sensing and/or GIS, or similar.
- At least 12 years of demonstrated experience with water sector data, information, knowledge and decision support bases and systems development and management, including remote sensing , GIS applications and interactive knowledge products.
- Experience in developed and developing countries.
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Experience of working on International Development Agency (IDA) or bilateral funded projects is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.The expected input for this role is [FULLTIME]. The total duration of this programme is 3 years. Employment will be on freelance basis.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here