The USAID/Kenya Feed the Future Livestock Market Systems project will focus on the development of the livestock market system within Northern Kenya by linking activities to both increase production of livestock and building the capacity of the private sector along the livestock value chain.
By the end of this 5-year project, people, households, and communities in the counties of Garissa, Isiolo, Wajir, Marsabit, and Turkana will be more resilient in the face of complex risk and reoccurring drought.
CNFA is looking for candidates with proven track records in East African development and the livestock sector, specifically with experience working in Kenya. We encourage innovators, technicians, managers, intellectuals, and dynamos to apply.
CNFA is currently seeking applicants for a GIS Officer.
Women and Kenyan Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis.
Qualifications for the GIS Officer Job
- 3-5+ years of experience in the use and administration of GIS, ILWIS, Kalypso, TerraView, Oracle Spatial, and/or other remote sensing/mapping software is required;
- 2+ years of experience in the management of a database is required;
- 2 + years of experience working on USAID-funded or other international donor-funded projects is strongly preferred;
- Experience with the design, coding, and implementation of software for both the public and private sector is strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with both the Kenyan and East African technology industry is strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with the Northern Kenyan livestock industry is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s is preferred;
- Experience working in Kenya is highly preferred;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are required; knowledge of local languages is strongly preferred.
How to Apply