Position: Learning Advisor – GIS, Remote Sensing and Earth Observation Institute
Description: We are an international training and consultancy organization offering technical training and education services designed for individuals, and organizations working in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water sanitation and hygiene sectors .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accomplishes sales objectives by implementing the institute’s learning promotion programs.
- Analyzing the market or markets where the IRES operate.
- Customer Relationship and stakeholder Management
- making presentations to organizations
- writing technical publications
- preparing reports
- developing and maintaining a set of client contacts
- maintaining awareness of developments in your area of specialization, as well as the wider GIS field
- attending conferences related to GIS
- advertising and marketing
- An undergraduate degree in geography, geographical information systems or related fields
- A master’s degree and possession of additional qualifications would be an added advantage
- Business English will be a prerequisite.
- Excellent IT skills (internet, email, word, excel and powerpoint)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the agricultural sector
- Experience in customer centric roles.
- Project management skills required.
- Planning execution skills required.
- Market research & analysis experience is desirable.
- Good judgement and business sense abilities.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication with ability to effectively articulate the company strategy and other opportunities
- A good appreciation of gis developments locally and in the region
Salary: Starting kes 40,000
How to Apply
- If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed cv to hr[email protected] on or before the 29th of July 2016.
- Note that due to the urgency in recruiting for this position cvs will be evaluated as they come.
- Note: use the job title as the subject line in your application email.