East Africa (preferably Kampala)
Overview: The Data Manager will be responsible for managing data across GiveDirectly’s field operations.
The Data Manager will play a key role in ensuring that core workflow management, performance monitoring, and reporting functions run smoothly and are harmonized across countries.
The Data Manager will analyze GiveDirectly’s data and generate insights to streamline processes and enable operational innovation.
The role will reward exceptional analytical ability; strong knowledge of coding, data analysis and econometrics; and enthusiasm for the adoption of new technology.
The Data Manager will report to the Field Director in GiveDirectly’s Kampala office, but will have the opportunity to work with and learn from GiveDirectly’s other Field Directors and Information Systems Manager.
- Execute analytics tasks in support of operational pilots
- Action data requests from research partners, donors, and fundraising team
- Assist Field Directors with all data management-related tech deployments
- Assist Field Directors with identifying innovative uses of data to increase field productivity and fraud detection
Data and workflow management
- Perform “survey manager” function (i.e. execute all modifications to data collection tools)
- Own core processes within Segovia (our end to end data management platform)
- Prepare data for monthly household transfers
- Refine reporting templates on key metrics
- Generate operational reports for field team and board
- Generate monthly performance scorecards for field staff
Required competencies (please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements):
- Completed bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, statistics, econometrics or related field
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, and preferably in econometrics software (e.g. Stata)
- Proficient in at least one programming language (R preferred)
Resident of Rwanda, Kenya, or Uganda
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online