GiveDirectly Office Assistant Job
Background: GiveDirectly is driving a re-evaluation of the assumptions underlying international philanthropy with a provocative model: we deliver donations directly to the extreme poor and let them decide what to do with them.
This approach builds on two converging trends: the rapid spread of electronic last-mile payments solutions in the emerging markets, and the large body of experimental evidence showing that direct transfers are as or more cost-effective at reducing poverty than more traditional, top-down approaches.
GiveDirectly’s field operations utilize state-of-the-art technology and business processes to deliver transfers securely, efficiently, and transparently.
Our unorthodox approach – allowing the poor, and not the donor, to choose where they invest – has prompted debate in the popular press and among policy makers. GiveDirectly has been featured on NPR’s This American Life, and in Foreign Affairs, The Economist, and The New York Times. It was named one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by FastCompany, one of the 25 Most Audacious Companies by Inc., and one of GiveWell’s top-rated charities for 4 years running.
Position Overview: The office assistant will maintain a clean, hygienic, organized and positive office environment. He/she will also provide administrative and clerical support to others in the office.
- Minimum of Form Four Certificate
- Certificate in Computer applications
- Certificate in Business Administration or related field will be an added advantage
- At least 6 months previous experience in a busy work environment
Skills and behaviour
- Empathy, honesty, and the highest standards of integrity
- Strong interest in advancing the distinctive values and mission of GiveDirectly
- Time management and multitasking
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Proactive attitude, identifying and finding ways to solve problems without guidance
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Must be fluent in speaking Kalenjin language
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Clean all floors daily by sweeping and mopping
- Empty office dustbins daily and dispose of all refuse appropriately for collection
- Check bathrooms/toilets twice a day and clean accordingly.
- Dust office furniture at least weekly, taking care not to disorganise documents on desks
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors at least quarterly on a rotational basis.
- Store all cleaning equipment and products neatly in the designated cupboards
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Conduct a weekly stock check to ensure adequate stocks of cleaning materials, hygiene supplies and kitchen items such as tea / coffee etc.
- Replenish consumable items if required
- Deliver and pick up office items or documents
- Assist Office Manager with Organization and distribution of field equipment to field teams
- Print, Photocopy, and scan office documents as needed
- Data entry of hand-written documents into MS word or excel
- Undertake any other reasonable duties within the overall functions of the job
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online