The purpose of this internship is to assist the BES-Net Team in managing the content of the web-portal and moderating it, in populating it with new thematic and methodological areas, and in communication and networking activities.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with of the management and moderation of the BES-Net web-portal
- Become familiar with the BES-Net project;
- Assist in uploading documents, videos, and social media content, etc.;
- Assist with the management of online collaboration tools;
- Assist with moderation of the website; and
- Provide research and analysis on specific scientific themes (land degradation and restoration, pollinators pollination and food production, etc.) and produce learning and policy material for the web-portal on various themes
- Identify UNDP case studies of interest to BES-Net;
- Research peer-reviewed scientific articles, grey literature, reports on best practices and experience learnt as well as videos and e-learning courses on given thematic areas and on cross-cutting areas in the field of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Coordinate with relevant UNDP colleagues to gather and showcase the latest UNDP expertise and knowledge on the portal through their registration as users and experts, their contributions to the online discussions and showcasing of their latest knowledge and policy products;
- Organise the collected information to inform the BES-Net portal, which aims at providing a one stop shop in the field of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Support the identification of gaps in available information;
- Assist with the development of new material, including summary for policy makers, info graphics, e-learning material and documents on best practices.
- Assist with reporting on the use of the web-portal form a qualitative perspective.
Support in liaising with potential partners for BES-Net and in communication activities
- Support the communication activities of BES-Net through the development of dissemination material, contribution to events and through managing its contacts database, social network channels and its newsletters;
- Support the organisation of meetings;
- Support to follow-up and coordination.
Support the BES-Net coordinator in ad hoc tasks including project management and reporting.
- Highly organized and ability to work independently;
- Ability to organize and summarize scientific information with ease and accuracy;
- Works toward creative solutions by analyzing problems carefully and logically;
- Ability to interact with various type of actors (policy-makers, scientists and practitioners) with diplomacy;
- Acknowledges and responds constructively to the points of view of others.
Required Skills and Experience for Global Policy Internship
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s study (Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences or Communications, etc.);.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Social or Environmental Science, Communications, etc.
- Knowledge of website content management, online communication, networking and collaboration tools.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in English required;
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in French, Arabic or Spanish an asset.
How to Apply
Click here to apply