Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
Global Programs seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the following position: –
The accountant will apply accounting principles and procedures and provide accurate and timely financial information.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) finalist
- Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting. Experience with CDC/NIH funding will be an added advantage.
- General of US Government rules and regulations related to financial management of grants and cooperative agreements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and accounting systems/software, QuickBooks preferred.
- Supervisory experience an added advantage.
- Personal integrity and transparency
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, documentation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivated
- Ability to travel to project areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, and other payments documents and ensure that all transactions are fully supported with appropriate back-up documentation
- Manage checks or wire transfer requests based on approved documents and present to approved check signers for review and signature
- Process supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Ensure preparation and submissions of all statutory payments are made on time
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Maintain the cashbooks of the main accounts
- Record bank payment vouchers daily in the bank log book
- Set-up MPESA for all petty cash transactions by program staff
- Manage and reconcile MPESA transactions
- Maintain journal entries of all accounting transactions.
- Record financial data into the accounting software.
- Organize and maintain accurate and complete accounting records.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the main accounts.
- Monitoring and reconciliation of accounts payable and receivables
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Verification of the petty cash counts
- Prepare budget status reports for all programs and share with manager and technical leads managing budgets
- Supervise and oversee the work of the Field Office Accountants
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager