Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
Global Programs seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the following position: –
Human Resource Assistant
- A diploma in human resource management
- 2-3 years of experience as a human resource assistant
- Personal integrity and transparency
- Conversant with Kenyan employment laws and legislations
- Competent with computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must be proactive, non-judgmental, organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Assist the Human Resource Manager in recruitment of staff
- Prepare job descriptions, post positions, assist with screening of applicants as needed
- Receive and record all job applications
- Participate in screening interviews as needed
- Open HR files for all new employees and ensure files are kept updated for all existing employees
- Assist with the new employee on boarding and orientation
- Prepare the payroll for approval by the Human Resource Manager
- Compile staff details for payroll processing i.e. bank account details, NSSF, NHIF, PIN, ID
- Distribute pay slips
- Periodic preparation and reporting on all HR metric as required
- Track all employee sick, vacation, and medical leave
- Process all leave applications
- Review employee timesheets for accuracy and completeness. Ensure employees are apportioning effort across projects accurately.
- Conduct employee engagement activities and assist in management of employee relations
- Assist with implementation of the performance evaluation process.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Human Resources Manager
How to Apply