Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
Global Programs seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the following position: –
Lead Evaluations Advisor
Background: The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Kenya (CDC-Kenya) to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and its partners for HIV and STI program Monitoring and Evaluation as well as in conducting surveillance and survey activities.
We are recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO Global Programs for Research & Training to serve as Lead Evaluations Advisor for HIV strategic information activities. This position requires a one-year commitment, with the potential for extension at the end of the period, subject to funding availability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Information, the Lead Evaluations Advisor will work independently and with the UCSF team, the Global Programs in-country team and the National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCOP) Strategic Information (SI) team to develop, organize and lead implementation of public health evaluation activities that are a priority to the Ministry of Health and its partners.
- Serve as lead evaluator for Global Program evaluation projects
- Work closely with NASCOP to develop an evaluation plan/design for its HIV programs, collect data, develop relevant instruments, and report findings
- Develop and implement mixed method evaluation designs including methodology, data collection tools, and data collection protocols
- In collaboration with MOH, Coordinate and conduct data collection and analyses
- Prepare appropriate reports for various audiences and stakeholders at County and National level
- Create a variety of ways in which to share evaluation data for program stakeholders
- Provide training and technical support to MOH and partners on conducting evaluations
- Work closely with and mentor junior staff
- Organize and maintain project materials
- Master’s or doctorate degree in public health, evaluation, epidemiology or related field
- Minimum 8 years of progressive professional experience in designing, coordinating and implementing public health evaluation projects
- Proven capacity in designing and implementing robust mixed-methods – qualitative and quantitative – evaluations.
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and writing professional evaluation material
- Excellent writing skills including editing and proofreading as well as strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to tailor written, visual, and verbal presentations to different audiences, as appropriate
- Experience in planning and coordinating multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Availability to travel (local and international)
- 3 years’ experience supervising/leading a team.
- Strong background in international health and evaluation/research methods
- Experience working with a PEPFAR funded agency
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.