Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
Global Programs seeks to recruit highly competent individuals for the following positions: –
- Diploma in procurement and supplies, a degree will be an added advantage
- 2-3 years of experience in procurement preferably in a non-governmental organization.
- Qualification in professional course such as CIPS is an added advantage.
- Personal integrity and transparency
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Assist the Procurement Manager in the supply chain function for Global Programs projects which includes procurement of goods, works and services, disposal of stores, inventory and contract management.
- Liaise with the Procurement Manager in prioritizing and execution of emerging procurement, identifying and pre-qualifying vendors, preparing bids, and other administrative and maintenance requests.
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and Global Program standards.
- Liaise with program Technical Leads and site offices to prepare procurement plans on an ongoing basis.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities,
- Develop strong relationships with vendors. Work with finance team to ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Manage routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard procurement related documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation
- Perform other related duties as may be delegated by the Procurement Manager