Our Client, Global Programs for Research & Training, is an international NGO wholly owned and controlled affiliate of the University of California San Francisco (UCSF).
Global Programs seeks to recruit a highly competent individual for the following position: –
Transport and Logistics Assistant
- Diploma in a relevant field
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in CDC/NIH funded projects will be an added advantage.
- A certificate in logistics management will be an added advantage.
- Personal integrity and transparency
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate ability to work constructively in a team
- Certificate in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel)
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Responsible for the assets and inventory management in terms of ordering and maintaining stationery, equipment and supplies for program sites and offices
- Update the asset register at the program offices and sites for all assets procured and record all asset movements
- Oversee the repairs and maintenance of building and office equipment
- Prepare and submit to the Transport and Logistics Manager fuel consumption reports for boats, motorbikes and vehicles
- Ensure all vehicles are in a good working condition through routine checks and adherence to maintenance schedule, ensure efficient and effective fleet management system, and adherence to auto safety procedures
- Ensure all vehicle, motorbikes, and boats insurance policies are up-to-date
- Ensure accurate filling of mileage logs and fuel consumption and reconciliation reports for all vehicles, motor bikes and boats
- Ensure vehicles are installed with the fleet monitoring system and conduct routine spot checks to confirm condition
- Ensure that all first aid boxes, fire extinguishers, flash light, tow ropes, jumper cables and other tools are always in a serviceable condition and that all drivers are familiar with their usage
- Report to the Transport and Logistics Manager any defects, including any accidents involving vehicles, and ensure documentation and filing of appropriate incident reports.
- Other duties assigned by the Transport and Logistics Manager
How to Apply