The Google.org Access Development team’s objective is to bring broadband to emerging markets in a financially sustainable and scalable way to impact hundreds of millions of people. The group focuses on developing business models, regulation and technology to support these goals. There is a strong emphasis on bringing new technologies or new ways to use technologies to solve the access challenges in these markets. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for defining and implementing access projects in emerging markets, as well as identifying and incubating promising technological solutions.
The Google Access team works to make Internet access more powerful, accessible and affordable for all. We also work to develop the next-generation technologies that will improve the lives and businesses of our millions of users around the planet. Want to change the world? Good. So do we.
With the Google Access team, you’ll work on cross-product and cross-team initiatives, working closely with cross-functional team members to refine and evolve our projects, as well as deploy fiber-based and other technologies to markets and communities around the globe. You like being on-the-ground, executing complex projects that bring Internet access to people.
- Identify and evaluate appropriate technologies and solutions to meet the current and future requirements of the market.
- Engage with customer and internal technical staff to understand requirements and prepare High and Low Level Design Documents.
- Undertake advanced IP network troubleshooting to support escalated network problems across multiple geographies.
- Engage with internal and vendor support teams to identify advanced network fault root cause and drive resolution with full involvement in fault simulation in a lab setting if required.
- Undertake Interoperability testing for various IP network equipment from a multitude of vendors.
- BA/BSc degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with wireline and wireless protocols, technologies and solutions.
- Experience in IP network design, configuration and operations.
- Experience working across a multitude of IP equipment vendor product portfolios.
- Creativity and the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally.
- Excellent technical acumen, a strong sense of focus, organization and meticulous attention to detail, and proven ability to guide others to deliver outstanding results in a timely manner.
- Distinctive analytical skills and ability to present and communicate with highly technical teams.
The Google Access team works to make Internet access more powerful, accessible and affordable for all. We also work to develop the next-generation technologies that will improve the lives and businesses of our millions of users around the planet. Want to change the world? Good. So do we
Build infrastructure that scales beyond Google’s ambitions.
Learn more about our Network Engineering roles
Do cool things that matter at Google Nairobi.
Learn more about our Nairobi office
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here