Tubura Job Description – Government Communication Officer
Mbere na mbere abahinzi
Function: Government Relations
Employer: One Acre Fund / Tubura
Job Location: Rusizi and Nyamasheke
Deadline: 9th September 2015
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
Who We Are
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In more than five years in Rwanda, we have grown to serve 100,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff. We are Rwanda’s fastest growing professional organization. To help manage this growth, we are looking for a “Government Communication Officer” to start as soon as possible.
• Maintain Key Relations: Visit important Government contacts regularly to share information and address issues. To perform this task, you will need a solid understanding of the field operations. You will do a number of field visits each week to keep your understanding of situations in the field.
• Track relationships: Report on the meetings you have conducted, the status of key relationships and your recommendations for follow-up. You will work with tools to guide your reporting.
• Attend government meetings: attend different meetings on behalf of Tubura (JADF, season preparation, etc) and draft clear and concise reports on the issues addressed in the meetings, as well as the questions that were asked.
• Basic reporting: Work with standardized formats to report to local governments. You will work with Tubura Field Directors to gather necessary data.
• Facilitate field operations: Work within a team to plan specific and government related aspects of the input distribution process.
• Top-performing undergraduate degree in Communication, Public Administration, Agriculture, Economics, or other relevant fields from a recognized University (please include grades and test scores on your resume).
• Relevant work experiences. Examples include: Professional work experience in a business, bank or NGO, or a successful entrepreneurial experience.
• Communication skills: a strong and confident personality, able to communicate clearly.
• Oversight: the ability to grasp the essence of complex processes.
• Language: Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English, French would be an added advantage.
• Solid computer skills regarding e-mail, internet usage, and Microsoft (word, excel and power point).
• Proactive problem – solver.
• Demonstrate interest in Government relations.
• Leadership experience at work, or outside work.
• Friendly personality, professional and proactive work attitude as well as the ability to interact with people from different backgrounds.
• A willingness to work in rural Rwanda, as well as to travel considerably within Rwanda.
• Passionate about serving smallholder farmers.
Please click on this link or copy it and paste it on the browser: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41264122616951 .You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura fraud Hotline: 0785 443 136 (Please do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts)