A State Agency in the Security and Administration of Justice sector seeks to recruit competent officers to fill vacant positions. Applicants must be Kenyan Citizens committed to delivering results and ready to work for long hours under minimum supervision.
Responsibilities for the Protection Officer Jobs
- The Protection Officer I will be reporting to the Senior Protection Officer.
- Duties at this level include undertaking covert and other protection related operations; being responsible for
the day to day operations to protect clients;
- Conducting threat and risk assessment with regard to new applications and protected persons; gathering information and intelligence analysis, collation and dissemination;
- Managing a secure filing system for all classified material; providing protection services to the officers
and property of the organization; and conducting special operations as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Protection Officer job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Public Administration or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Served in the rank of Inspector of Police or in an equivalent position in the military, intelligence or other security service;
- Training in Police, Military, or Intelligence Services;
- Undertaken a Criminal Investigation or VIP Protection course;
- Knowledge in Criminal and Civil Justice Systems; and
- Aged 28 years and above.
In addition to the above requirements for both positions, an officer must have:
- A valid driving license,
- High degree of confidentiality and professionalism,
- Strong communication skills, good interpersonal skills, computer proficiency,
- Conceptual skills,
- Ability to care for resources,
- Be self-driven and motivated, be
- A team player
- Respect for diversity.
Note: Interested Candidates who meet the required qualifications should send their applications with a
detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, copy of National Identity Card, and other testimonials;
telephone contact, e-mail address, and names of three referees with their contacts. In addition, Candidates
should obtain clearance certificates from the following bodies:-
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Any Professional body to which the candidate is a member
How to Apply
Applications clearly indicating the Job title and Reference number on both the letter and envelope should be send to the address below and be received on or before 30th November, 2016 TS 2230 P. O. Box 49990 – 00100 | NAIROBI