A State Agency in the Security and Administration of Justice sector seeks to recruit competent officers to fill vacant positions. Applicants must be Kenyan Citizens committed to delivering results and ready to work for long hours under minimum supervision. The Agency offers competitive packages to successful candidates. 1 Principal Information Communication Technology Officer (PICTO)
J/G – 4 (Ref. 03/2016) 1 Post
Responsibilities for the Information Communication Technology Officer
- Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve providing strategic direction of the ICT Division; systems development, implementation and maintenance;
- Preparing progress reports of the systems development; evaluating systems and ensuring adherence to established ICT standards;
- SLA management; scaling networks over the LAN/WAN; planning, monitoring, and evaluating
programmes/activities within ICT Division;
- Reviewing and evaluating hardware maintenance feasibility studies and detailed specifications before implementation;
- Training staff within the Division and sensitizing the entire Agency staff on ICT matters; managing performance of staff within the Division; preparing
- Divisional budget; liaising with user departments to ensure effective maintenance of ICT equipment; and
establishing and maintaining modalities that ensure security of information at the Agency.
Qualifications for the Information Technology Job
For appointment to this grade, one must have:
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years as a Senior ICT Officer in information communication technology services or in comparable position in public service or in private sector in a reputable organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science, Information
- Communication Technology, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Attended a senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Note: Possession of a relevant Master’s degree and / or other professional courses will be an added
How to Apply
Note: Interested Candidates who meet the required qualifications should send their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, copy of National Identity Card, and other testimonials; telephone contact, e-mail address, and names of three referees with their contacts. In addition, Candidates should obtain clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Any Professional body to which the candidate is a member
Applications clearly indicating the Job title and Reference number on both the letter and envelope should be send to the address below and be received on or before 30th November, 2016 TS 2230 P. O. Box 49990 – 00100 | NAIROBI