The Government of the Republic of Mauritius is pleased to announce new funding opportunities to support undergraduate places during 2017-2018. These scholarships are open to African Students to pursue full-time, on-campus undergraduate studies in public Tertiary Education Institutions (TEIs) in Mauritius.
The aim of the scholarships is to promote capacity-building at the high level across the continent and to support deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union.
The Government of the Republic of Mauritius wants to promote a quality education for all and a Human Resource Development base to transform Mauritius into an intelligent nation state in the vanguard of global progress and innovation and to develop a culture of achievement and excellence by promoting an efficient and effective education and training system that is inclusive and integrated, comprehensive and holistic..
Course Level: These scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate degree.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Mauritius
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application.
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus undergraduate studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2017.
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
Nationality: Applicants of member states of the African Union can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must complete end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below:
- 24 points at GCE A – Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR
- At least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR
- Criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
English Language Requirement: In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or an appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Application to Tertiary Education Institutions (TEIs)
- All applicants must also have applied for at least one full-time on-campus undergraduate programme at a public TEI of their choice (listed under Section 8). This application must be made as soon as the TEIs have opened their application windows on their respective websites.
- Applicants need to submit the completed Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Application Form along with documents as per Section 7 to their respective Nominating Agencies. This should be done by a deadline to be determined by the Nominating Agency and communicated to prospective applicants.
- An applicant may either: obtain a conditional offer (letter of admission) from their chosen Mauritian public TEI and submit this along with the scholarship application: OR submit an acknowledgement notice from a Mauritian public TEI that the application for a seat has been made.
- ALL candidates, irrespective of whether having opted for (a) or (b) above, must also submit the fully completed Application Form and certified copies of the following documents as part of their application to their local Nominating Agency:
- Birth Certificate;
- Educational certificates and transcripts at secondary school level, or above;
- Medical certificate to be filled and stamped by a registered medical practitioner in
- SECTION SIX of the Application Form;
- The copy of passport biodata page, if available.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.