Job Title: Spirits Internship Programme
Reports To: Respective Line Managers
Context/Scope: Serengeti Breweries Limited is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer, spirits and soft drinks). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited, the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 but commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi. SBL key beer brands include Serengeti, Tusker and Senator, as well as distribution of global Diageo spirit brands.
Scope: This group of interns will go through a one-year intensive training and development curriculum to deliver personalised, accelerated development to be the pioneers needed to drive spirits business performance and growth. In that time, the interns will be under a one year contract and only once the programme is successfully completed will they will have the possibility to be be moved to permanent contracts under Sales or Marketing department within SBL. They will be placed all over Tanzania depending on available positions
Market Complexity: SBL operates in a competitive environment and in a vast geography. The main player in the beer industry is Tanzania Breweries Ltd. (TBL), a subsidiary of SABMiller, who until recently were a third party manufacturer of EABL brands Tusker, Pilsner and Guinness. As a result of the cessation of the agreement between TBL and EABL, there is heightened competitive activity in that market.
Inflation rates remain high in Tanzania (7.5% expected in F11) and average income per capita is less than 1 USD per day. The GDP growth is estimated at 6.4% and is expected to grow to 7.1% as investment, trade and tourism pick up. There is growing consumer affluence and consumerism, giving rise to greater opportunities in our product categories.
Leadership Responsibilities: This is an internship program designed to assist and grooming you to be the next line managers in respective roles. They also have the responsibility to lead the way in spirits business transformation at retail.
Purpose of Role:
• Grow their technical in spirits knowledge, sales, marketing, account management and customer marketing.
• Ensure perfect execution of spirits sales drivers at retail within a define territory.
• Ensure spirits sales volumes are achieved.
• Execution on key trade and marketing initiatives at retail level.
• To drive spirits passion among the entire SBL team
Accountabilities • Ensure full execution of spirits RTM strategy
• Help to identify emerging trade trends and insights.
Qualifications and Experience Required: Qualifications
• University degree – preferably Business Administration/sales & marketing
• a sales or marketing experience of maximum two years will be a plus
• Very high verbal and written communication skills, capable to influence peoples behaviors through educating
• Presentation and MsOffice computer skills
Barriers to Success in Role (Optional):
•Inability to work under pressure
•Inability to build good interpersonal relationship with others
•Low organisational and time management skill
•Low analytical skills
•slow learning abilities.