Job Title: Right of Way Graduate Trainee Engineer (2 Job Placements)
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Project Name: National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) Project on the Protection of Lake Victoria II Project – Construction of Nakivubo and Kinawataka Main Sewers
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Right of Way of Engineer
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) is the legal entity, established by the Ugandan Parliament, is responsible for the operations of the capital city of Kampala in Uganda. KCCA in implementing the National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) Project on the Protection of Lake Victoria II Project – Construction of Nakivubo and Kinawataka Main Sewers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out preliminary studies and prepare plans for the NWSC right of way projects
• Conduct field inspections and coordinate the excavation and reinstatement of paved and unpaved surfaces for conformance to established plans and specifications
• Quickly respond to citizens’ complaints and questions arising out of the right of way works
• Investigate and respond to discrepancies and inquiries or concerns
• Prepare and maintain various reports, records and correspondences
• The incumbent will make recommendation for issue of permits, preparing the project plan, specifications and cost estimates
• Prepare draft plans and specifications for public improvements in line with Water projects for right of way
• Explain permit and work rules to the public, NWSC contractors relating to work in right of way.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honor’s Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering or Construction Management or Water Engineering or Sanitation Engineering or Hydrology or any other related course from a recognized University/awarding Institution plus a postgraduate qualification in any of the above fields.
• Age: 23 years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans should send their three sets of applications including certified photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, plus three recent certified passport size photographs submitted to the Director, Administration and Human Resource, P. O. Box 7010, Kampala, Uganda
Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 28th October 2015