JOB TITLE : Engineering Graduate Trainee
The nature of job includes various Engineering tasks and includes but not limited to surveys, investigations, planning, design, construction and operation of industrial projects.
Under the direct supervision of the respective Project Manager, the Trainee will perform a variety of entry level engineering activities including preparing, updating and maintaining technical information and developing and maintaining support tools for Ongoing Industrial Activities. Other duties will need to be performed as assigned.
Responsibilities for the Engineering Graduate Trainee Job
- Assist in conducting preliminary studies of engineering projects and help prepare plans for improvements such as assets optimization or consumptions reduction.
- Write technical specification drafts, request proposals and technical information from third party suppliers and vendors and evaluate and compare such proposals.
- Assist and supervise the report of the Assets Optimization Program (KPI reporting, Improvement Plans).
- Supervise, coordinate and perform professional engineering work during the construction of industrial projects.
- Review plans, maps, specifications, cost estimates, and other work for accuracy, presentation, and conformance with established engineering practices.
- Perform field inspections of construction projects, survey work and calculations.
- Tabulate field data, design improvement plans, specifications, contracts, and other documents.
- Assist in preparation of long-term capital improvement programs and budgets.
- Work with the Project Manager to prepare written reports for internal use and/or presentation to Region, Boards or Steering committee.
Qualifications for the Graduate Trainee Job
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Make engineering design computations and check engineering plans and studies.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Perform a variety of mathematical/engineering computations.
- Learn and interpret Engineering Standards and Company Policies pertaining to Works.
- Ability to travel for occasional fieldwork within the region.
- Skills of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Degree in Civil / Mechanical / Industrial or Diploma in Engineering from recognized University/Institute or equivalent.
- Principles and practices of engineering field knowledge
- One to two years of increasingly responsible work experience in engineering.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to [email protected] before 30TH JANUARY 2017 indicate current and expected salary