Salary: Commensurate with experience
Short introduction: The Girl Generation is seeking an energetic and highly capable Grants and Administration Assistant to roll-out a small grants scheme across 10 African countries.
The successful candidate will be at the forefront of efforts to transform the lives of millions of girls across the African continent and beyond, by supporting grassroots organisations in their efforts to end Female Genital Mutilation.
Summary purpose and objective of role: The Grants and Administration Assistant supports The Girl Generation (TGG) Team in the effective administration of the TGG project and End FGM Small Grants – programmes
- Grants Administration: handle enquiries for the End FGM small grants programme, provide support for the whole grant-making cycle, including reviewing applications, maintaining accurate records, tracking and monitoring the awarded grants and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Logistics and Travel: provide overall administrative support and organisation of logistics arrangements for Nairobi based staff including programme meetings, conferences, trainings and travel related logistics.
- Finance & procurement: help to ensure compliance with established financial management rules and procedures for Nairobi based procurement activities and asset management
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supporting project administration and grants management of donor funded projects
- Experience in providing administration and logistical support, including international travel, events, meetings and workshops, to team colleagues over multiple locations and countries
- Strong administration, organisational, numeracy and financial skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy and good time management
- Strong understanding of African led activism, role of grassroots organisations, preferably on ending FGM
We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
The Girl Generation (www.thegirlgeneration.org) believes that FGM can end in a generation.
We seek to inspire a collective of organisations and individuals across the most affected countries in Africa, and beyond, to end FGM in one generation.
Benefits: For the right candidate, we offer a competitive salary and an opportunity to play a part in ending FGM.
How to Apply
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- The right to live and work in Kenya is required by all candidates