Call for Applications
Background: The USAID East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) boosts trade and investment with and within East Africa.
It does this by deepening regional integration, increasing the competitiveness of select regional agricultural value chains, promoting two-way trade with the United States (U.S.) under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and facilitating investment and technology to drive trade growth intra-regionally and to global markets.
The Hub supports the U.S. Government’s presidential Trade Africa and Feed the Future initiatives. The Hub is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
Objectives and Duties: The graphic designer will provide support to the Communications Director and the overall Hub team.
She/he will help the Hub team illustrate their work and accomplishments with visually compelling graphic design, animation, and professionally formatted reports and presentations.
The designer should be familiar with In-Design, Adobe Creative Suite, and web-based animation and design programs.
The designer should be able to professionally format a report in Word and be able to lay it out for print and for electronic distribution.
The designer should also be savvy with PowerPoint, Prezi and/or Keynote and be able to create visually compelling presentations that distill complex information in an easy-to-digest and attractive manner.
Ideally, the graphic designer has previous experience in animation or could pick up the skill quickly.
The graphic designer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following detailed tasks:
- Final formatting of reports, presentations, and all Hub deliverables
- Creation of infographics to distill complex information in an attractive, digestible manner
- Presentation design and formatting
- Template creation
- Social media content creation
- Creation of photo stories
- Web design and the creation of new interactive features
- Web maintenance and uploading of content
- Translate data in to easy-to-digest graphics
- Create short animation pieces to tell a Hub story
- Create content for the Hub’s communication pieces, such a the monthly newsletter and weekly roundup
- Support content creation and design for all Hub reports and taskers
- At least five years of experience working as a graphic designer.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design, CorelDraw, etc.
- Expert experience in designing visually informative graphics and images.
- Expert experience in the layout of professional reports.
- Experience transforming complex data sets into compelling and creative visualizations that emphasize impact.
- Experience working in collaboration with technical teams and delivering under tight deadlines.
- An innovative and pragmatic problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
The designer should provide examples of past work and provide current/ past references that can attest to graphic designer’s expertise and work ethic.
Reporting: The Graphic Designer will report to the Director of Communications
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Base of Operations: The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply via the link https://daieatradehub.formstack.com/forms/graphic_designer by January 9, 2017, 5.00pm East Africa Local time.
Only candidates who send their information by the deadline will be eligible.
Visit http://www.eatradehub.org/opportunities to view the scope of work and learn more about the Hub.
DAI is an equal opportunity employer.