AGRA is an alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent. We understand that African farmers need uniquely African solutions designed to meet their specific environmental and agricultural needs so they can sustainably boost production and gain access to rapidly growing agriculture markets.
Resource mobilization strategy and systems development
- Developing and maintaining a current understanding of AGRA’s programs and grantees across the organization in all of the countries in which operations are conducted.
- Anchoring on AGRA’s institutional resource mobilization strategy, assist in the design, implementation and coordination of an institution-wide, comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that fosters positive and mutually rewarding relations between AGRA and its donors
- Contribute to and review AGRA’s strategy documents and knowledge management products to help best position the institution for resource mobilization.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Resource Mobilization unit, take initiatives to expand AGRA’s current donor base, through effective stewardship and new funding opportunities as may be developed to grow donor support for AGRA
- Working with other Resource Mobilization Officers, develop concept notes, proposals and budgets which drive the achievement of AGRA’s strategic plan and align with both AGRA and donor priorities.
- Prospecting bilateral, multilateral, philanthropic, and private sector partners and translating partnership opportunity into both funds and leverage in furtherance of program and resource targets.
- Provide other support as required in the implementation of the Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Establish and maintain strong relations with a portfolio of donors as a foundation for resource mobilization efforts. Includes gathering intelligence and analyzing key trends in individual donor policies and plans vis-à-vis AGRA;
- Organize briefings, meetings, visits and events with current and prospective donors, coordinate programmatic and logistical arrangements, draft reports and set action plans for follow-up;
- Respond to internal and prepare response to external queries regarding donor contributions;
- Support teams to ensure compliance on donor and AGRA requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting
Leadership support and external engagement
- Have regular communication with donors, prospective and established, while working closely with AGRA’s Communication Unit and Strategy & Analytics Unit, to coordinate inputs to external events and opportunities
- Support the President and senior managers in identifying representational events with the potential for meaningful donor interaction. Provide proactive and timely advice to senior management on strategic interaction with individual donors
- Represent AGRA at external forums and meetings on occasion to position the institution with donors and partners critical to achieving AGRA’s strategy
Key Qualifications and Experience required
- Master’s degree in International Development, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Public Finance, Public Administration, Rural Development, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field;
- High level experience of at least 7 years in international development with demonstrable success in resource mobilization for large multilateral or bilateral agencies or international organizations;
- Ability to work with donors as well as manage and build strategic donor relations; sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes;
- Ability to work on performance-based targets for fundraising;
- Fluency in English; Knowledge of French will be an advantage;
- Results-oriented, accountable, proactive and able to work on behalf of AGRA with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Results-oriented and accountable;
- Optimistic and persuasive that African farmers and consumers will benefit from improved, well-adapted agricultural technologies and reforms across the input and output value chains;
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups of people;
- Results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach;
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
How to Apply
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to [email protected] noting to quote the job reference number.
To be considered, applications must be received on or before May 26th, 2017.