Job Title: Group Human Resource Manager
Job Code: GHRM/AK/160219
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Group Managing Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until FilledSummary: Our client is a leading converged Communication and IT infrastructure service provider in East Africa.
They offer world class Cloud, Communications Connectivity and Carrier services, all geared towards meeting clients’ unique business and ICT needs.
- Looking for a dynamic Group Human Resource Manager to head the HR department.
- You will be in charge and accountable for developing, implementing and streamlining sustainable Human Resource strategies, policies and systems and providing effective leadership and direction of Managers, HR team and Staff in relations to HR best practice to ensure suitable HR practice within the company.
- You will report directly to the Group Managing Director.
- You will be a forward thinker and hungry for new and modern HR practices.
- You will have experience in working in multi-cultural modern businesses, with young, highly intelligent employees.
- You are highly technically qualified for the role and will have a passion for training and development.
- Your strategic thought process is finely tuned and you are constantly thinking outside the box.
- You know how to deal with challenging personalities. You have a vision of how to make the workplace fun whilst not foregoing efficiency.
- You empower, not micromanage.
- In charge of developing, communicating and execution of Company HR strategy appropriate to the Company’s mission and goals.
- Develop, implement and maintain sustainable HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the organisation.
- Lead and direct the HR team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business and are responsible for coaching, developing and keeping the HR team motivated and engaged.
- Monitor HR trends throughout the organisation and provide management information on key performance indicators to aid in short term and long term decision making.
- Accountable monitoring and controlling utilisation of all HR related budgets e.g. total head cost budget, staff related activities budget, training and development budget.
- Develop suitable and cost effective recruitment and retention strategies, including succession planning while ensuring compliance with company policies and HR related legislation.
- Advise and support Line Managers in the handling of employee relations matters, resolving conflict (grievances), discipline, performance management, policy application issues and providing an independent mediation role where appropriate.
- Monitor and review the system of performance management and appraisal and continually develop as necessary, whilst ensuring that annual appraisals are carried out as stipulated in policy and performance related issues handled in a timely manner.
- Accountable for ensure organisational compliance to HR related regulatory concerns, statutory, safety and health standards in the work place.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Business Degree and a Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Management.
- Experience in use of a Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- At least 7years experience in HR with 3 – 4 years at a management level.
- Registered member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- Have prior experience in managing a HR function in a busy environment.
- Knowledge and experience of Kenyan labour laws.
- Ability to think strategically and to design long term plans.
- Confidentiality, tact, creative thinker, self-motivated and proactive.
- Team player with excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Effective problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and varied people dynamics.
- Flexible, mature, personable, energetic and professional.
- Previous experience working in an international modern company will be a great advantage.
- IT literacy is key
How to Apply
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Group Human Resource Manager Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume. Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only