External Job Title Manager, Audit Control Assurance Team(CAT) EABL AutoReqId 50353BR Function Finance Type of Job Employee Country Kenya Town/City Nairobi External Job Description *Application deadline: 10thMarch, 2016* This role reports to theHead of Control Assurance Team (EABL) Context/Scope: EABL is the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and covers the Eastern Africa region with a growing exports business into the UK, USA & Australia. It is one of the largest listed Company on the NSE (but is also listed in Uganda & Tanzania). EABL directly operates 3 breweries, 2 distilleries as well as a barley & malting facility. EABL manufactures and distributes local beer brands through its subsidiary Kenya Breweries Limited, Serengeti Breweries Limited, Uganda Breweries Limited, and EABL International and spirits brands through United Distillers & Vintners Kenya Limited . The role holder will be based in East Africa and will support all the business units. Purpose of role: To act as an independent and strong assurance body providing EABL management with an honest assessment ofinternal controls in identified high risk areas. The CAT will comprise of approximately 6 people all of whom will have high quality audit capabilities and specialist capabilities within demand and supply to ensure quick understanding and identification of issues and recommend good practice. The CAT yearly schedule will involve the auditing of varied processes in all EABL business units. Team members must desire to travel and understand all our sites and also spend time in trade in all countries (travel- 40% of time in the region). The CAT has to establish and create an annual assurance plan in collaboration with the business unit Execs and the EABL Exec, and manage that plan through high quality execution, and with end reporting after every audit panel. The Control Assurance Team must work closely with the East African CCE Team and the GMs, however independence should be maintained.. Market Complexity:
- An increasing challenging external environment placing higher importance on robust controls and compliance programs
- British Law – following US stance on penalties
- Implication of non-compliance on Corporate reputation can be catastrophic
- Recession and resulting in financial pressures increase risk to fraud / bribery
- EABL has significantly accelerated its compliance program to ensure robust controls and compliance environmentTop Accountabilities: Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of agreed audits including planning, fieldwork and testing, reporting and action planning post-audits to ensure that the outcomes clearly articulates issues and process improvements. Coordinates with the CCE team, Legal, Corporate Security and HR towards achievement of agreed objectives Provide feedback to audit teams upon conclusion of assignments and acts as a coach on technical and other matters. Ability to gain confidence of senior Execs in all business units and at EABL through business gravitas, intellect and positive attitude Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of EABL & Diageo and the application of sound commercial judgment in all activities. Provide support to the Head of CAT in preparing the Annual Audit Plan. Responsible for carrying out investigations on request.
Qualification & Experience: Bachelors degree in Commerce. Finance, Accounting, Law, Social Sciences/Arts, Engineering or Science. Qualified Accountant and or MBA,other relevant professional qualification.
Minimum 7 years experience, 2 years as an audit manager in a multinational organisation or big 4 firm (ideally multicultural/multilingual)corporate environment, with exposure to: * Internal / external audit * SOX experience (including CARM program within Diageo or similar programs outside Diageo) * Specific Audit experience in Supply / Commercial areas * Audit in Outsourced Service environments * Audit sampling techniques * Process improvement * Project management * Business consulting * Forensic (SAP and other systems) audit knowledge
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here