Position: Office Admin Assistant
Based in: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Human Resources & Administration Manager
Background: GVEP (Global Village Energy Partnership) International works to increase the effectiveness of energy product/service providers by supporting micro, small and medium enterprises to strengthen, expand and diversify their businesses, and improve their ability to raise capital and scale-up.
To do this, GVEP provides high-quality financial, technology, engineering and project management services.
Over seven million people have benefited from our programmes in Africa.
Position Summary: Reporting to the HR and Admin Manager, the office admin assistant is responsible for facilitating the administration and logistics functions at the regional office, ensuring effective and efficient operations in the day to day running of the Office.
He/she is the organization’s first point of contact with clients, guests and vendors therefore a high degree of professionalism and interpersonal skills is required.
Main duties and responsibilities
General Admin duties
- Managing the front office by courteously answering calls, receiving visitors and maintaining a log of staff field activities
- Making appointments and organizing meetings as appropriate for staff, both local and international
- Handle flight and taxi bookings, organizing for accommodation and conferences for visiting and local staff
- Offer support to staff in obtaining travel documents e.g. visa, travel permits
- Ensuring all office documents are filed in an accurate and up to date manner.
- Record outgoing cheques and sort all incoming mails and distribute them within the organization as appropriate.
- Monitor Motor vehicle insurance coverage, office lease and telephone services to ensure timely payment.
- Keep track of all bills e.g. electricity, water and ensure timely submission to the finance office for payment.
- Ensuring that the office is maintained at all times and co-coordinating repairs of office equipment
- Make purchase requisitions for office supplies
- Making payments for petty purchases
- Responsible for accurate asset tracking, asset tagging and asset lists
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintaining vehicle logs and monitoring their movements, including taking corrective action in case of malpractice.
- Organizing vehicle service and repairs as and when due or necessary so as to keep the vehicles in good shape at all times
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with the fuel card provider
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and Desired Competencies
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or relevant degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an administration role in a busy office preferably NGO;
- Experienced administrative professional who is dependable and highly organized, enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Able to uphold high ethical and professional standards
- A clear understanding of procurement and administration ethics and donor compliance is essential
- Ability to work well with other members of staff and flexibility to undertake other additional responsibilities
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply via email with a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact and the names of three professional referees to [email protected] by latest 20th August, 2015 GVEP International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin or disability