H. Young & Co. (E.A) Ltd is the leading Engineering and Construction Company and has its headquarters in Nairobi Kenya.
H. Young does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Overall Objective: Responsible for assisting in road planning, design, maintenance, construction and other emergency works.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Preparing engineering designs for road works
- Preparing and processing tender documentation for road works
- Reviewing standards and specifications for road works
- Supervising of all road works contracts
- Developing and monitoring all road works programmes
- Collecting, collating and compiling road maintenance work program
- Preparing road maintenance contract documents
- Preparing, monitoring and evaluating Strategic Plans and projects
- Preparing quality assurance plans
- Preparing reports on all road works programmes.
- Must be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Must be a Registered Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
- Must be a member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (MIEK);
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in management of construction projects
- Must have proficiency in MS Office and MS Project
- Proficiency in Computer applications / Microsoft office Suite applications Skills
- A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to read, interpret construction drawings/documents and have a good appreciation of construction processes.
How to Apply
Send your application to [email protected] before Friday 4th November 2016.