H. Young & CO Job Vacancy : Safety Officer
The Safety Officer will be responsible for the implementation and adoption of companywide or site specific Health, Safety and Environmental program in an endeavor to attain zero harm.
Safety Officer Job Responsibilities
- Preparing and ensuring implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental strategies and developing Health Safety and Environmental program, plan and policies..
- Implementing the company Health, Safety and Environmental Procedures and developing site specific work procedures to comply with legal requirement.
- Carrying out job safety analyses and mitigating risks associated.
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and are complied.
- Overseeing safety audits and keeping records of inspections’ findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Ensuring that all new employees,visitors and subcontractors are inducted as required.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and any developments in the industry, and liaising with regulatory bodies to ensure compliance.
- Maintaining a system for recording, reporting and investigating injuries, accidents and dangerous occurrences in the site as required by Directorate of Occupational Safety and Health Services Kenya
- Should have an understanding of OSHA 2007 and subsidiary legislation – Kenya
- Providing regular statistical summaries to Management and drawing attention to significant trends and occurrences.
Requirements for the Safety Officer Job
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety/Environmental Sciences or any field that may be equivalent
- Should be computer literate
- Professional Certification in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Proven record of at least 4 years HSE experience in a reputable organization (Preferably construction field
- Flexibility to varying working hours and able to relocate to remote areas
- A mature individual with high level of discretion and unquestionable integrity.
How to Apply
Send your application to [email protected] before 22nd September 2017.