Internship Opportunity at Haki Mashinani: Haki Mashinani is a Kenyan non-governmental organization and a member of the Microjustice4All (MJ4All) network, which is a Dutch organisation that coordinates an international network of Microjustice country organizations providing legal services to help people protect their basic rights.
The mission of Haki Mashinani is to legally empower the most vulnerable and marginalized people in Kenya in a structural way with the aim of improving their social and economic lives.
Haki Mashinani would like to invite applications for Legal Intern.
Internship Title: Legal Intern
Reports to: Case manager and Legal Coordinator
Duration: Six Months
Purpose: Provide legal assistance to the case manager in the legal outlets
- Screening of clients in the legal outlets;
- Attending to the legal needs of the clients through consults or case solutions;
- Working closely with the case manager on solving cases;
- Organizing for outreach events, workshops and trainings in the outlets;
- Drafting weekly reports;
- Support in the preparation of a fundraising plan;
- Research on concrete fundraising opportunities for Haki Mashinani;
- Product distribution in the legal outlet;
- Contribute to development of toolkits, product manuals and provide inputs to needs assessment for the target groups in Naivasha;
- Assist in client follow ups and correspondence from clients;
- Keep records of Haki Mashinani activities in the assigned center;
- Verify all supporting documentations before presenting them to the case manager;
- Assist in documentation and filing of clients documents; and
- Undertake any other duties as shall be assigned by the case manager and the legal coordinator.
Academic Qualifications: Students undertaking a Bachelor’s degree in law, or Diploma in law.
Relevant Work Experience: Students with little or no work experience can apply for the position.
Haki Mashinani does not pay the intern for the duration of the internship, however the student shall receive a monthly transport allowance.
Applicants should currently be located in Naivasha.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume of a maximum of 2 pages and a cover letter to [email protected] Closing date: 27th September 2015 at 5:00 pm
Starting date: 5th October 2015 Only short listed candidates will be contacted.