Business Analyst – Hashi Energy
Hashi Energy Limited is the oldest locally-owned oil company in Kenya and has grown over the years to become a leading importer and exporter of refined petroleum products in East and Central Africa region.
Hashi Energy Group consists of Hashi Energy Limited, Hashi Energy Uganda, Hashi Energy Rwanda, Hashi Energy Tanzania, Hashi Energy South Sudan, Hashi Energy Zambia and Hashi Hauliers.
Over the years, the company has invested heavily in acquisition and development of strategic Depots, LPG plants and Service Stations in its regions of operation.
At Hashi Energy, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization.
As a result of continued growth and in order to position ourselves to be the leader in energy solutions for Africa, we wish to appoint qualified individual into the position of Business Analyst.
The position is based in Head Office Nairobi.
Main Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Group Commercial Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of company’s risk management, controls and governance process developing technical solutions to business problems and managing requirements at the business level to help fulfill business needs
Key summary responsibilities include:-
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance as assigned by Management
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the group or country performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to management in order to drive business results.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making business and investment decisions.
- Prepare plans of action for projects or other decisions based on financial analyses.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop plans, write ups, projections, analyses for new business opportunities or projects.
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the oil industry and other relevant.
Knowledge, skills & experience requirements:-
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CFA qualification is a MUST.
- CPA (K)/ ACCA.
- 5 years’ experience as a financial Analyst.
- Must have strong MS Excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Strong presence with ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
- Financial modeling expertise a plus.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and indicating your current and expected salary) to reach us on or before Wednesday 19th August 2015 by email to: [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Hashi Energy is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.