Hashi Energy Limited
Vacancy: Credit Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Hashi Energy Limited is the oldest locally-owned oil company in Kenya and has grown over the years to become a leading importer and exporter of refined petroleum products in East and Central Africa region.Hashi Energy Group consists of Hashi Energy Limited, Hashi Energy Uganda, Hashi Energy Rwanda, Hashi Energy Tanzania, Hashi Energy South Sudan, Hashi Energy Zambia and Hashi Hauliers.
Over the years, the company has invested heavily in acquisition and development of strategic Depots, LPG plants and Service Stations in its regions of operation.
At Hashi Energy, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization.
As a result of continued growth and in order to position ourselves to be the leader in energy solutions for Africa, we wish to appoint a qualified individual into the Credit Manager position.
Credit Manager Job Profile
Main Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Group Credit & HR director, the successful candidate will be accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses
Key responsibilities include:-
- Ensure collection of outstanding balances and report on debtor’s status.
- Monitor the credit granting and updating process/
- Monitor open orders in business partners account.
- Prepare and circulate daily cash status report.
- Conduct credit analysis and rating of customers.
- Validate customers statements
- Update approved product prices in the system promptly.
- Maintain the corporate credit policy
- Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management
- Create a credit scoring model
- Manage customer credit files
- Accept or reject the staff’s credit recommendations
- Personally investigate the largest customer credit applications
- Personally visit the largest customers to establish relations
- Manage the corporate financing program. Liaise with external auditors during their audits to achieve audit objectives.
Knowledge, skills & experience requirements:-
- University Degree in a Business-Related field;
- Professional qualification in Finance/Accounting (CPA-K or ACCA)
- ERP and IT proficiency- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages Experience in SAP ERP system desirable
- At least 5 years’ experience, three of which a Credit manager in a large organization (Annual turnover of USD 100 million and above);
- Ability to meet and critical deadlines.
- Good knowledge of regional tax laws and practice excellent negotiation,
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and capable of working under pressure
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and indicating your current and expected salary) to reach us on or before 10th August 2015 by email to: [email protected] short listed candidates will be contacted.
Hashi Energy is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.