Hashi Energy Limited
Vacancy: Marketing Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Hashi Energy Limited is the oldest locally-owned oil company in Kenya and has grown over the years to become a leading importer and exporter of refined petroleum products in East and Central Africa region.Hashi Energy Group consists of Hashi Energy Limited, Hashi Energy Uganda, Hashi Energy Rwanda, Hashi Energy Tanzania, Hashi Energy South Sudan, Hashi Energy Zambia and Hashi Hauliers.
Over the years, the company has invested heavily in acquisition and development of strategic Depots, LPG plants and Service Stations in its regions of operation.
At Hashi Energy, we place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization.
As a result of continued growth and in order to position ourselves to be the leader in energy solutions for Africa, we wish to appoint a qualified individual into the Marketing Manager position.
Marketing Manager Job Profile
Main Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will lead the marketing strategy, research, campaigns and product launches, so as to ultimately create the foundation of positioning ourselves to be the leader in energy solutions for Africa.
Key summary responsibilities include:-
- Deliver primary and secondary research that helps define market assumptions and consumer behaviors /profiles; research sources may include consumer surveys, focus groups, the internet, industry experts, market intelligence companies and internal knowledge.
- Develop complete understanding of the factors that go into the revenue and cost side of the business opportunity and provide recommendations to maximize revenue.
- Support the Commercial Director to develop and maintain product category SWOT analyses; identify market trends, develop and prioritize a profitable product plan to meet consumer needs.
- Facilitate future-focused product ideation sessions and capture output for continuous design exploration; develop longer term product category/mix roadmaps based on deep and broad consumer profiling.
- Ensure consistent brand messaging across TV, print, radio, digital and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc.) marketing channels.
- Collaborate with leadership and external agencies to develop key messaging and specific advertising copy/design/packaging for campaigns across marketing channels; including detailed associated budgets.
- Facilitate legal review of all advertising copy before launch.
- Contribute to comprehensive testing matrix that accurately assesses delivery and performance of each marketing campaign on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Manage the marketing team to maintain strong relationships with key strategic customers such as large NGOs, government buyers and high potential individual entrepreneurs.
- Act as a liaison for all external media enquiries or articles, working with the CEO & Commercial Director when necessary to facilitate interviews or other content.
- Take ownership of projects; plan milestones, timelines, budgets, resources and identify potential risks to deliver supply chain aspects within agreed completion dates.
- Be proactive regarding task completion and periodically advise wider team on project status, timing, resources, issues, and ability to deliver on-time with excellence.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to general automotive industry marketing standards and best practices; maintain structured and versioned data outputs daily and backup data weekly.
Knowledge, skills & experience requirements:-
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Communications, or similar. A Master’s Degree in the same will be preferred.
- 5 years related experience in marketing, advertising or branding.
- Experience in oil industry in Africa will be an added advantage
- Ability to lead cross-functionally; coordinating, leading and communicating information clearly
- Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics, specifically A/B testing and ROI analysis.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and indicating your current and expected salary) to reach us on or before 10th August 2015 by email to: [email protected] short listed candidates will be contacted.
Hashi Energy is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.