Hashi Energy is a leading regional energy company with presence in seven countries and with a vision to be the leader in energy solutions for Africa.
We seek to recruit a dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the below vacant position:Research & Development Assistant (Engineering Background)
Main Purpose of the Job: This is an entry level position of which the successful engineer will be responsible for fulfilling a range of research, administrative and support tasks, carrying out fieldwork, and participating in analysis and reporting, and assisting in the management of the R&D process.
The position is based at the Nairobi Head Office.
Key responsibilities include:-
- To work with the Commercial Director in designing research methods and materials, sampling, conducting literature searches, conducting interviews, analysing qualitative and quantitative data, contributing to reports and presentations.
- To fulfil a range of research administration tasks including; organising fieldwork, booking interviews and focus groups, data inputting and supporting general project administration.
- To agree with the Commercial director the appropriate tasks and processes for carrying out projects and disseminating information.
- To effectively communicate project related information to the Commercial Director.
- To support the process of proposal writing (e.g. through conducting background research into policy and other drivers relevant to the focus of the specification in question).
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as requested.
Knowledge, skills & experience requirements:-
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering a MUST (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic, Production or Civil Engineering)
- This is an entry level position that doesn’t require prior engineering working experience. However, prior experience in research projects especially data collection and analysis is a MUST.
- Excellent computer skills including data input and analysis packages – SPSS, STATA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and to work with minimal supervision
- To be self-motivated and good at managing time and workload in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Willingness to travel and stay in different parts of Kenya during the course of research.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and indicating your current and expected salary) )to reach us on or before Tuesday 18th August 2015 by email to: [email protected] short listed candidates will be contacted. Hashi Energy is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.