Job Title: Head Audit
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Crested Towers, Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 11764
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Head Audit will be responsible for ensuring that all risks inherent to the business unit are identified. The incumbent will evaluate the identified controls and make recommendations as to adequacy and effectiveness. She /He will also carry out audit assignments within the various units of the Bank’s operations to ensure adherence to policies, systems, guidelines and procedures that may be approved by the Bank and regulatory authorities and confirm these are working as intended.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide annually an assessment on the adequacy and effectiveness of the bank’s processes for controlling its activities and managing its risks in the areas set forth under the scope of work;
• Regularly report significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the bank, including potential improvements to those processes, and provide information concerning the resolution of such issues;
• In charge of routinely sending information on the status and results of the annual audit plan and the sufficiency of Internal Audit resources;
• The Head Audit will be designing and implementing a comprehensive, robust and fit for purpose Audit plan and response the bank.
• Managing a team of competent and engaged individuals with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience and professional certifications to meet the requirements of the function.
• In charge of designing and implementing an effective structure to optimize utilization of resources and costs and provide dedicated portfolio management focus.
• Significantly contribute to the successful achievement of Standard Bank Group Internal Audit’s strategic objectives.
• Considering the scope of work of all assurance providers as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage to the Group and minimizing duplication of effort.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should preferably hold a business-related degree and professional accounting qualification such as CPA (U), ACCA or equivalent. Possession of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an added advantage.
• At least five years’ experience at senior management level in Internal audit, External audit, Finance or Risk Management role.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills at a senior level
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS)
• Working knowledge of the Uganda Banking Regulations
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Click Here to apply
Deadline: 14th August, 2015