Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) is the leading Development Financial Institution (DFI) providing affordable
and accessible financial facilities and advisory services to the Tourism industry. TFC’s mission is to develop and
diversify Kenya’s Tourism industry by providing a range of advisory and financial services to investors in tourism
The Corporation is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the position of Head of
Credit. Reporting to the Managing Director, the holder maintains functional and administrative oversight of the Credit department with a view to managing the credit risk on the loan portfolio in a most profitable and cost effective
manner and in line with best practice worldwide.
Head of Credit Job Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement strategies and action plans to minimize credit risks, prevent losses, maximize
recoveries and profits. b) Supervise and review on an ongoing basis both the Lending Policy and the Lending Manual of the Corporation.
- Maintain quality of lending portfolio through management and monitoring of documentation compliance, disbursements, data integrity, corporate scheme loan management etc. in support of business
strategy. This includes ensuring securities are adequate and enforceable and, held in safe custody in the
interest of the Corporation.
- Develop and implement control systems to ensure that loans are given in accordance with the Lending
- Policy guidelines approved by the Corporation. e) Co-ordinate the preparation and sound implementation of the budget for the department to facilitate allocation of resources.
- Co-ordinate and set performance objectives, standards and targets of the staff.
- Maintain overall functional and administrative responsibility of the department.
- Receive and review periodic reports of the Department to facilitate decision-making by the Managing
- Director, Management and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare reports that pertain to credit risk management to the Board of Directors and Management
- Reconcile existing and approved provisions, write backs and write offs with the general ledger for audit and management reporting
Qualifications for the Head of Credit Job
- Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- Professional qualifications and membership to a professional body e.g. CPA/ACCA
- Up to 7 year experience with 5 years in a supervisory role
- Financial analysis and appraisal Skills
- Reporting presentation skills
- Leadership skills
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the following documents:
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance for Ethics and Anti-Corruption and Commission
- Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications/competencies and skills, a detailed and updated CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, details and contacts of three professional referees, as well as current and expected remuneration to reach the undersigned by 2 December, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Managing Director Tourism Finance Corporation Utalii House, 11th Floor P.O. Box 42013, 00100 NAIROBI email@example.com