Job Title: Head of Forensics Investigation and Whistle blowing
Organisation: Barclays Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Head of Forensics Investigation and Whistle blowing will be tasked with investigating incidents and cases referred to forensics investigations & whistle blow upon Barclays Bank Referral Policy. The jobholder will support in the management of all investigation-related budgets and assume responsibility for the day-to-day approvals within approved limits. The incumbent will work closely with Governmental authorities to ensure that forensics investigation and whistle blow is kept abreast of the most up to date information/intelligence on threat levels and advice on reacting to them. The incumbent will review and investigate all incidents of a Security/ Safety nature, and ensure that relevant Senior Management is kept informed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Forensic Investigations & Whistle Blow: 60%
- Carry out investigations into suspicions of fraudulent, criminal and security activities reported by Non Financial Risk.
- Provide an independent report for management to assist the disciplinary process and represent the bank in any related police and court proceedings;
- Provide expertise and intelligence on fraud prevention, related risk management information and controls;
- Liaise and work with law enforcement agencies, professionals and commercial organizations in this field of expertise
- Develop training awareness courses, workshops, brochures and other material to alert employees as to the Bank’s policy on relevant forensic investigation topics.
- Develop, implement and maintain the ongoing discipline and diligence of a Fraud Prevention Program based on policy and country trends.
- Provide and manage overall training and coaching plans to the business to ensure early fraud detection and safety measures are being applied and adhered to at all times.
Business Management: 20%
- Show ownership of annual refreshment of forensic investigations and whistle blow topics if required.
- Perform annual policy review for any new /revised forensic investigations and whistle blow, gap analysis and tracking for policy implementation.
- Support in managing all relevant MI & other committees deliverables / requirements.
- Investigate cases of criminal, Barclays policies and values breaches
- Ensure proper documentation for each case is maintained and will established within the archives of forensic investigation and whistle blow.
- Assist in managing all conformances & relevant internal/external audits.
- Act as role model and drive proactive application of Barclays values RISES including establishment of common goals and objectives
Manage the Country Investigations Team and the Business’ Colleague Initiatives: 15%
- Ensure that all subordinates in the country investigations team have appropriate Personal Development Plans in place to meet the Africa I&W strategy, and local business objectives, and that these are signed off by the line management.
- Manage all facets of the I&W Teams personal and business development objectives, and complete all career reporting responsibilities in a timely, professional manner
- Ensure the I&W team complete all online training requirements.
Personal Development: 5%
- The incumbent will pursue your own development to increase personal effectiveness and acknowledge strengths and areas of development.
- Set annual performance development objectives with the Head of Compliance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Barclays Head of Forensics Investigation and Whistle blowing job placement should preferably hold a university Degree in Law or it’s equivalent
- Comprehensive professional experience, it is essential that the incumbent has a Investigation and whistle blowing orientated background, with extensive knowledge of the banking environment.
- Experience in high crime areas
- Proven track record in the delivery of Investigations operational planning, training and services vendor engagement.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing to subordinate entities and to senior executives.
- Must have strong leadership and management skills especially in the areas of organisation, time management, innovation, motivation, cost effectiveness and diplomacy.
- Must be prepared to undertake travel in support of business needs.
- Target Oriented.
- Prior undercover experience.
- Information and evidence Gathering.
- Experience in training Officers.
- Analyzing information
- Investigation Skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Business Awareness
- Quality conscious
- Team result
- Analytical focus
- Forward Thinking
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
Deadline: 5th September 2016