- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Head Of Forensics Job Overall Purpose
- The Country Head of Forensics Investigations is a member of the Forensic Investigations and Recoveries with dual reporting line in-country and Barclays Africa providing independent investigative services to the business at country level as requested.
- Manage all investigation of cases, (i.e. fraud, Whistle Blowing, Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption, Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering) end to end, (irrespective of the level or sensitivity) by ensuring that all the investigative / operating methodologies (e.g. Planning, reporting) are adhered to in accordance with the required standards and meet the organisation’s needs in terms of addressing the risk appropriately
- Conduct a proper risk assessment with each investigation, which includes quantification of losses, identification of suspects, media impact / exposure, blocking accounts, claims, provisions, risk mitigation and compliance reporting, banking adjudicator queries and engaging with Legal services.
- Conduct proper planning on investigations by determining the direction to be followed (e.g. interviewing of suspects, obtaining of evidence) with continuous feedback to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure SLAs are maintained with the respective functions (incident owners)
- Ensure that Quality Assurance is employed in all investigations
Head Of Forensic Job Accountabilities
- Evaluate scope and allocate cases for investigation within 24 hours of receipt.
- Identify fraud risks and or emerging risks during the course of an investigation or interactions with internal / external stakeholders are escalated upon discovery, to the relevant Business Unit and the Fraud Risk Management for assessment and closing “gaps” related to processes, policies and systems.
- Ensure case reports contain the findings of the investigation, recommendations addressing people, processes, procedures and system failures or internal and external threats and forward the final report to stakeholders, Human Resources (HR), Legal etc.
- Identify high-risk Business areas, through feedback feed back received from parties attending risk forums / investigations outcomes and perform specific fraud awareness presentations at the respective Business Units to the identified staff.
- Ensure that each investigation has an accurate, value adding conclusion which is shared and discussed with Business for them to understand the investigation findings in order to make informed / appropriate decisions (e.g. financial recommendations, risk assessments and disciplinary recommendations).
- Provide oversight and monitoring of all cases allocated to direct reports for investigation in line with set guidelines and standards
- Provide leadership and coordinate the efforts of Forensic Investigations Managers
- Provide specialist support to business as point of contact and advice for forensic investigations
- Ensure recovery actions are initiated at the earliest when losses are discovered and call on those areas to execute actions identified by Forensics.
- Ensure case files and central case database are maintained to operational standards.
- For sensitive or high risk cases (on an ad hoc basis or when tasked by the Head of Barclays Africa Forensic Investigations) execute the investigation activities end-to-end or, if appropriate, delegate to a direct report
- Ensure all Significant Risk Events referred for investigation are escalated as per group policy requirements
- Embed Investigative Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines for Investigation Management ,including:
- Third Party Service Procurements and Management
- Law Enforcement Liaison
- Driving Consequence Management
- Support business in disciplinary hearings
- Act as custodian for investigative assets including the provision of tools, managing the development of training and participating in investigative events.
- Establish meaningful relationships with various Corporate Company’s fraud departments i.e. Other Banks, Cell phone mobile providers, phone providers etc, for fraud networking purposes and the sharing of information regarding new trends / scams.
- Provide feedback to Heads of Business Units / other stakeholders insofar as investigations findings and recommendations are concerned via face to face meeting / email correspondence or Executive reporting’s for business to be appraised on the investigation status.
- Develop and maintain relationships (establish relevant networks) with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure that their co-operation can be obtained when required for key operations (e.g., recovery actions, data mining).
- Manage dependencies with internal stakeholders, e.g. Legal, HR.
- Communicate the Forensic Investigations philosophy to direct reports / stakeholders and ensure they understand the responsibilities of Forensic Investigations vs. business unit responsibilities.
- Identify fraud risks and or emerging risks during the course of an investigation or interactions with internal / external stakeholders are escalated upon discovery, to the relevant Business Unit and for assessment and closing “gaps” related to processes, policies and systems.
- Interact with counterparts in the industry to engender co-operation and gain a common understanding of threats and risks.
- Build and maintain relationships with other external parties (e.g. Banking Fraud Investigation Unit of the Central Bank of Kenya, Criminal Investigation Department, Anti Corruption Commission etc) to ensure that their cooperation can be obtained when required for key investigations.
- For material or significant issues identified recommend corrective action to business unit seniors to change their processes to prevent future recurring issues.
MI Reporting, Compliance and Governance
- Participate in production of weekly, Monthly and adhoc MI as appropriate.
- Ensure credible information is provided for MI produced by the Forensic Investigations and Recoveries team
- Identify areas of improvements, make suggestions / recommendations on ways of working with regards to the investigative and operating methodologies to line management for further consideration, to improve standards and work flow.
- Adhere to the data privacy / Information Security, Access Control etc policies at all times and to the Barclays Clean Desk Policy is adhered to.
- Adhere to all mandates i.e. Corporate Credit, travel and accommodation policies, car policies etc, with due regard to the guidelines specified.
- Adhere and comply with the Group policies and procedures as set out on the Barclays Intranet i.e. attestations, compulsory compliance training, via the Barclays Learning Management system (LMS).
- Work co-operatively with colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of the organisations objectives.
- Interact with counterparts in the industry to share information, gain an understanding of the threats and risks and to ultimately keep abreast of changes in the field and in the industry.
- Actively participate in regular meetings with stakeholders / business, providing meaningful input and sharing information on best practises / investigation findings / risk identifications etc.
- Assume oversight of forensic investigations resulting from Tip-offs Anonymous reports and report findings to the
- Director: Barclays Africa Forensic Investigations.
- Set and maintain the minimum standards for investigations in terms of the Barclays Africa Forensic Investigations Policy.
- Assume responsibility for actions arising out of Forensic Investigations risk and control assessment (RCA), key risk indicators (KRI) and key performance indicators (KPI).
- Ensure and oversee monthly management information (MI) production and delivery to Control Environment Centre of Excellence (CECoE)(Noida) as per agreed time
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Oversee the activities of the investigations team to ensure effective delivery of Forensic investigations.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Determine development needs for the team and ensure that these are communicated to the Barclays Africa Forensic
- Investigations Training and Communications Business Partner.
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team.
- Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements are met.
- Review and update the team’s organisation structure and role descriptions on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain the accountabilities of each team member.
- Approve leave requests for team members and create leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
- Initiate disciplinary proceedings for team members when required.
- Resolve grievances raised by team members.
- Address poor performance of any team member through the formal performance enhancement programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
Education and Experience for Head Of Forensics Job
- Bachelors’ degree in Science / Law / Accounting or 10 years Management experience in a Forensic arena in a recognised Police Institution.
- 5 years experience in forensic investigations preferably in the financial sector.
- 3 years managing a team.
Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Influencing and negotiating.
- Team management skills – team building and leadership.
- Communication skills – verbal and written.
- Relationship management and networking.
- Report writing.
- Conflict management
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
- Deciding and initiating action.
- Learning and researching.
- Relating and networking.
- Adapting and responding to change.
- Persuading and influencing.
- Creating and innovating
How to Apply
Click here to apply