Our client, a small boutique Hotel in Juba, South Sudan is looking for the Head of Housekeeping.
The successful candidate will be in charge of supervising and controlling the housekeeping department, laundry department, and flower arrangement section and control the servicing of all bedrooms, restaurants, and function and public areas of the hotel.
• Operate the housekeeping department and all other areas of responsibility in the hotel.
• Work closely with and maintain a high degree of excellence for the Service Department.
• Responsible for the standards of all guest rooms, suites, corridors, back-of-the-house storage and linen rooms.
• Ensure front-of-the-house public area standards are excellent at all times.
• Ensure all Supervisors continually inspect assigned areas.
• Ensure effective and complete training is in use and all associates are well trained.
• Ensure proper key controls are in effect.
• Take accurate linen inventories per SOP.
• Take accurate guest supply inventory every period.
• Audit and approve schedules, wage projections, wage recaps and payroll.
• Review out-of-order rooms daily.
• Provide up-to-date job descriptions for all supervisors and associates.
• Give immediate response to all Guest problems and correspondence.
• Ensure Lost & Found articles are stored properly and logs are maintained.
• Bachelor degree in Hotel Management or relevant discipline.
• Minimum of 2-3 years in supervisory Housekeeping role in a similar capacity.
• Experience in a 3/4 star class environment.
• Knowledgeable in Housekeeping operation and cleaning methods.
• Have excellent English communication skills both in written and spoken.