Head of Engineering Job at Proemm Consult
Industry: Packaging solutions manufacturing
Salary: KES 250,000 – 350,000 gross plus benefits
Our client is a leading manufacturer and provider of cutting edge flexible packaging solutions that drive the success of FMCG brands in Africa. They seek to hire a head of engineering whose main objective of this position is to provide technical advice to the company management to ensure sound equipment management, new installations, conversions, and projects across the business.
Responsibilities for the Head of Engineering Job
- Overall responsibility for Engineering activities across the business
- Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, for all equipment installations.
- Play an instrumental role in equipment and machinery purchase decisions to ensure that technical aspects are appropriately handled.
- Ensure optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or customer requirements, per the product and/or marketing requirements in terms of reduced equipment breakdowns.
- Establish, document, implement and monitor equipment maintenance schedules in liaison with production.
Participate in hiring of technical staff to ensure that the required technical skills are acquired to meet company strategy.
- Ensure implementation of Safety and Standards procedures to support the company strategic plan.
- Input and hold responsibility for engineering budgets.
- Prepare estimates for maintenance works such as purchase of new spare parts.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures
- Drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the Engineering function to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
- Provide leadership to Engineering department, coach, mentor, develop direct reports, and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Report on engineering activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators.
- Coordinate building maintenance
- Coordinate the external contractors and advice on the renewal of their contracts.
- Work with the rest of the leadership team to decide which engineering projects are the highest priority against the business targets and which can be executed with the available resources.
- Ensure that Food Safety, Environmental, Health and Safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
Qualifications for the Head of Engineering Job
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/plant engineering or an equivalent.
- At least 10 years engineering and production experience.
- Strong operational and project management skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage negotiate and manage key stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of engineering technical issues/needs, financial, sales, and marketing as related to equipment design and commissioning.
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Flexible and reliable with the ability to execute projects plans with minimal supervision
- A positive thinker and results oriented.
- Good computers skills
- Ability to make decisions from several competing alternatives.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements and possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your cover letter and CV only quoting the respective job title (Head of Engineering) on the email subject line to email@example.com to be received not later than 17th May 2017.
Kindly indicate current and expected gross salary on your cover letter. Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.