Job Title: Head of Internal Audit
Organisation: Parliamentary Pension Scheme (PPS)
Reports to: Board of Trustees / Chief Executive Officer
The Parliamentary Pension Scheme (PPS) was established by the Parliamentary Pensions Act 2007 as a Contributory Hybrid Cash Balance Retirement Benefit Plan for the Members of Parliament of Uganda and the Staff of the Parliamentary Commission. The Scheme is managed by a Board of Trustees, constituted in accordance with the Act.
Job Summary: The Head of Internal Audit will provide independent, effective and efficient internal audit services to the Board of Trustees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• In charge of reviewing the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify measure, classify and report such information.
• Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the Schemes risk management system.
• Routinely reviewing the adequacy of the systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations and establishing whether the Scheme is in compliance.
• Reviewing the Schemes compliance with its Whistleblower arrangements, and investigating whistleblower complaints and allegations of misconduct or fraud.
• The incumbent will be tasked with auditing internal control processes in respect of income, expenditure, investments, and related control functional areas.
• Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verifying their existence, ownership and valuation.
• Keenly reviewing and appraising the economy, efficiency and effectiveness with which resources are employed.
• Reviewing operations to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals.
• Conducting specific reviews or tasks as may be requested by the Board and/or committees of the Board.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized University/Institution.
• Possession of a Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
• The applicant must be a member of an Audit or Accounting body (ACCA, CPA, CIA, etc).
• At least eight (8) years’ relevant experience in an audit function, three (3) of which should have been obtained at senior level in a reputable organization.
• Detailed understanding and working knowledge of computerized accounting environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Possess a high degree of integrity.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Age: Between 32 to 45 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan Nationals are encouraged to send their applications including a recent passport photograph, curriculum vitae stating three (3) referees, and certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Parliamentary Pension Scheme, P. O. Box 7178, Kampala, Uganda. The hand delivered applications should be taken to Room G 10, Parliamentary Pension Scheme Office, Plot (9-11), Development House, Parliament Avenue.
Deadline: Wednesday, 16th September 2015 by 17:00 hours