Our client is a membership organization seeking to promote competitive business environment, trade and investment. They are looking to hire an Experienced Head of Policy Research and Advocacy to provide overall direction and oversight to the company’s policy research and advocacy work.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Duties for the Head of Policy Research and Advocacy Job
- Design and oversee an effective Policy, Research and Advocacy strategy
- Oversee research, development and presentation of holistic analysis of impact of national, regional and international policy on the manufacturing sector
- Provide technical advice and support for governance and policy institutions on the organization’s policy advocacy agenda
- Maintain an observatory on national, regional and international developments that impact on the industry
- Effectively engage members of the organization to make contributions to advocacy positions of the organization through committees and sectors
- Ensure timely dissemination of organization’s policy related information to all stakeholders
- Overall development and management of the Policy Research and Advocacy Unit
- Establish and coordinate constructive and sustainable networks/partnerships with local and international BMOs, research and higher learning institutions, governance institutions and key actors in the manufacturing sector in Kenya to ensure collaborative strategies and effective support networks to deliver on the organization’s policy advocacy agenda
- Provide technical support for the development of structured opportunities to facilitate internal and partner learning for decision-making and influencing practice
- Take lead in the development of resourcing strategies for the Policy Research and Advocacy Unit that respond to the organization’s business development plan as well as oversight budget and expenditure for the Unit
- Develop and operationalize effective reporting mechanisms for the policy research and advocacy unit and ensure timely periodic, monthly and annual progress reports of the programme
- Oversee sectorial proposals on budgetary provisions that would promote industrial competitiveness
- Ensure the organization is represented in forums of interest to its members
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the CEO.
Head of Policy Research and Advocacy Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, law or other comparable discipline
- Msc or MA. in Economics, Law, international trade and or international business relations will be an added advantage
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as Head of Policy and Advocacy at a management level
- Seasoned trade, policy and advocacy expertise
- Experience with in-depth understanding of the impact of national, regional and international policy on the manufacturing sector and capacity to advice and support governance and policy institutions
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Strong leadership skills and a team player
- Customer relationship management skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Policy and Advocacy) to [email protected] before Thursday 6th April, 2017
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted