Job Title: Head of Sales
Reporting To: Managing Director
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Oversee: Sales Executives, Marketing Manager, Customer Service Manager and Showroom Managers
Job Purpose: Lead and manage the sales team, be responsible for achieving our ambitious growth plans, and engage with the Senior Management to develop and implement sales strategies that we achieve and exceed budgeted levels of sales growth in all service lines.
Mandatory Experience:10 years in a senior management role in a furniture specific industry; especially office furniture.
• Meets sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for locations in conjunction with Showroom Manager; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• To recruit, develop, manage and motivate a growing team of sales professionals.
• Responsible for the establishment of both annual and monthly sales objectives in coordination other departments.
• Manage all of the field and in house sales functions.
• Responsible for providing an annual Sales Plan and providing quarterly updates, revisions and modifications to the plan.
• Define and manage the monthly and annual sales objectives for all of the sales personnel.
• Assisting Sales team to achieve their target figures.
• Keep up to date with recent market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies.
• Maintaining and improving relationships with the client.
• Maintain necessary data and records for future reference.
• Ensure quality control of all sales output pertaining to customer acquisition and service delivery.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• To work closely with Logistics and Production Departments to ensure successful smooth delivery of client services.
• Advertising & Revenue control.
• Achieving target levels of new business through effective management of a team of sales professionals.
• Any other duty assigned by your immediate boss or top management under the ‘Production’ function.
Qualifications and Skills:
• MBA preferred;
• Ability to train and coach;
• Ability to read architectural drawings
• Demonstrated exceptional people management and leadership capabilities;
• Interest to work in a diverse environment with different cultures;
• Results-oriented senior professional requiring minimal supervision;
• Excellent analytical, logical reasoning and creative problem solving skills;
• Strong organizational, documentation & planning skills;
• Customer Service focus with ability to create impact and influence;
• Excellent communication, conflict resolution, negotiation skills;
• Comprehension and development of complex business issues, topics, and plans;
• Passion for quality and an eye for strategic insight.
• Excellent planning, time management skills and monitoring skills.
• An ability to work under tight schedules.
• Computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the workforce.
How to Apply
Send your CV in Word Format to [email protected] with subject title as ‘Head-Sales’ by 10 September 2015.
No phone calls please.