Our client, a group of clubs which offers services ranging from Sports facilities, Telecommunications, Real estate development and Industrial projects is seeking to recruit Head of Security to be in charge of their security.Job purpose; to effectively implement all appropriate risk management strategies related to the safety and security, and the protection of assets in mission. Specifically responsible for the management, implementation and oversight of all security operations in support of staff and activities
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Work closely with corporate executives, business managers, audit and legal counsel to understand corporate requirements related to security and regulatory compliance, and to map those requirements to current security projects.
- Develop, implement and manage the overall enterprise process for security strategy and associated architecture and engineering standards.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and guidelines related to corporate security.
- Oversee the continuous monitoring and protection of facilities, personnel and information systems. Evaluate suspected security breaches and recommend corrective actions
- Serve as the enterprise focal point for security incident response planning and execution.
- Define and implement ongoing Risk Assessment programs, which will define, identify, and classify critical assets, assess threats and vulnerabilities regarding those assets, and implement safeguard recommendations.
- Establish and monitor formal certification programs regarding enterprise security standards relating to the planned acquisition and/or procurement of new applications or technologies.
- Assist in the review of applications and/or technology environments during the development or acquisitions process to assure compliance with corporate security policies and directions
- Oversee the development of, and be the enterprise champion of, a corporate security awareness and training program.
- Manage security
- Evaluate changes to the corporate environment for security impact and present findings to management.
Qualifications and Skills;
- Solid military or police academy qualifications with a focus on security and related operations;
- At least 7 (seven) years of progressively responsible experience in security operations and information management
- Proven operational unit or sub-unit command, staff and leadership experience required
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Second language ability in the language of the mission area will be an asset;
- Ability to address publicly small and large groups of people
- Professionalism – Excellent skills in information collection and analysis procedures with a view to recognizing potential threats and dangers. An ability to exercise sound and strong management skills in times of crisis and emergencies.
- Planning and organizing – Excellent planning and organizational skills including the production of policy and procedure papers supporting project operations in the country of operations.
- Communication – Ability to provide instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information
- Judgment and Decision Making – High degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, physical fitness, emotional stability, the ability to prioritize a heavy work load and to delegate accordingly. Demonstrates sound judgment in security operation and information management skills.
- Client Orientation – Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships with contacts outside of the project Security Section.
- Technology Awareness – High standard of computer literacy and an excellent knowledge of security information related liaison and analysis
How to Apply
- Interested and Qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] clearly indicating ‘Head of Security’ on the subject line by 30th March, 2016.
- Do not attach any certificates. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted