Our client, a family owned Hotel on the South Coast, is looking for a young, energetic and hands on Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible to manage the operational departments of the unit and will continually improve productivity, food quality, service and increasing sales and profit throughout the Hotel. Experience working on the East African coast is a MUST!
• Develop with the Head of Operations, General Manager and Management Team annual operating plans for the hotel that are aligned with the strategic plans.
• Set marketing strategies in line with overall company strategy and objectives.
• Work with sales and marketing team to develop campaigns and offers to create awareness, grow market share and revenue.
• Guide the development and approve annual operating plans for each business unit.
• Lead, train and manage the Departmental heads.
• Forecast budget/Revenue and operating /capital expenditure for the hotel control approve and monitor revenue and expenditure against approved budget.
• Put in place effective security systems.
• Ensure all hotel operations are compliant with all licensing laws, health and safety codes, labour laws, and other statutory regulations.
• Interact with government, regulatory institutions and customers suppliers’ financial institutions community representatives and general stakeholders.
• Upgrade projects standard review and process re-engineering projects.
• Bachelor degree in Marketing/Business/Finance/Hotel Management.
• At least 5 years working experience in a Managerial position in a resort.
• Strong F&B knowledge.
• Very creative – to bring new ideas and concepts.
• Strong organisation skills and show great attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.