Our client a new up-market service Apartment Company is looking to recruit a Head Waiter. The suitable candidate will be required to be in contact with customer during their dining experience; therefore he/she will be expected to be polite and courteous when welcoming guests into the dining room and during the service of the meal. He/she will be required to work as a team member, provide polite and efficient service at all times, in order to maintain the exceptional standard of service and quality that is required and coordinates the food service activities in the dining facilities.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
• Inform customers of daily specials, making recommendations upon request.
• Serve & Clear dishes, making sure the crockery is clean & polished before use
• Attend mandatory training sessions, restaurant meetings and briefing.
• Coordinate entire stations and communicate with front- and back-of-the-house personnel.
• Process guest orders to ensure that all items are prepared properly and on a timely basis.
• Present, open, and pour wine when serving guests.
• Observe diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with the food and service.
• Prepare totals bills and accepts payment or refers guests to cashier.
• Assist with stocking, removing, and resetting dishes and silverware between courses.
• Investigate and resolve food quality and service complaints.
• Coordinate the operation of the lounge during scheduled shifts.
• Manage and motivate staff throughout their shift and provide them with feedback.
• Carry out inventory of the bar, cutlery, crockery, glassware, equipment at regular intervals.
• Ensures the team demonstrates highest standards of guest care.
• Assist in any other duties assigned by the management.
- Applicant should have some formal training in food and beverage Service.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with 2 years supervisory skills in fine dining establishment.
• Basic food and beverage knowledge.
• Right work attitude and flexible.
• Strong social skills should be a team player and willing to learn.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Experience working in a 4 or 5 star environment.