Health, Safety & Environment Officer Kenyan Jobs
We are a leading Logistics Company in Kenya based in Nakuru with over 15 years’ experience in Africa and have grown over the years to become a leading Logistics expert in East and Central Africa that ensures constant supply of dry or wet cargo within the region.
We place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels, to ensure the continued success of the organization. As a result of continued growth and in order to position ourselves to be the leader in logistics solutions for Africa, we wish to appoint qualified individuals to be part of this successful team into the three positions below:
Health, Safety & Environment Officer (1)
Main Purpose of the Job
- Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will ensure that Safety, Health, Environment policies and standards and best practises are adhered to and maintained across the company.
Health & Safety Job Key summary responsibilities include:-
- Ensure a safe work environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all health & safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are communicated when reviewed and updated.
- Ensure that the company meets statutory requirements in areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended mitigations implemented.
- Develop, plan and conduct training for company staff on HSE programs and procedures as directed.
- Assist with HSE inspections and audits and follow up on mitigations for gaps identified.
- Ensure timely and efficient response to incident investigations and prepare reports.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports on regulatory compliance.
Knowledge, skills & experience for Health & Safety Job
- Prefer Diploma and above in Occupational, Health and Safety Sciences
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience gained in a comparable job.
- Good experience in operationalization of the OSHA 2007.
- Technical writing is a PLUS.
How to Apply
- If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees and MUST indicate your current/previous salary on your application) to reach us on or before Sunday 22ndMay 2016 by email to: [email protected]