Job Title: Health, Safety, Security and Environment Manager
Reference Number: OAN/16/10
Location: Oshwal Academy Nairobi
Oshwal Academy Nairobi is a private school owned and managed by the Oshwal Education & Relief Board offering the International Primary Curriculum (Early and Elementary Years), International Middle Years Curriculum and prepares students for lGCSE and GCE A Level.
The Academy is seeking for a Health, Safety, Security and Environment Manager for its Campuses.
The role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Administration and Management Responsibilities
- Lead in facility compliance reviews, general risk assessments and campus specific health and safety committee meetings and initiatives.
- Perform facility H.S.S.E inspections and make recommendations to management
- Coordinate and conduct periodic health and safety review meetings.
- Maintain relevant health and safety logs and documentation.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and root cause analysis.
2) Security Responsibility
- Emergency response procedure enforcement.
- Prepare security reports or make presentations on internal investigations, losses, or violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Serves as liaison with security agencies to provide resources/ interventions related to school security.
- Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches and create and implement security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct periodic assessments/ audits of school facilities and grounds to determine safety and security issues.
- Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals, or program accomplishments.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard school assets, students/pupils, employees, guests, or others on school property.
- Formulate and execute a credible and proactive surveillance protocol that responds to all internal and external threats.
3) Records Management Responsibility
- To record and file accident, incident and near miss logs and reports and follow up on resolution.
- To maintain all documentation relating to H.S.S.E matters in Oshwal Academy.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering from a recognized university or a Bachelors degree in a Social Science with extensive training in health and safety.
- ICT proficiency.
Experience and Competence
- At least 3 years’ progressive experience in a busy Health and Safety engagement / department.
- Compliance with statutory health and safety standards.
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of relevant H.S.S.E. training.
- Ability to evaluate Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.), recommend areas for use and ensure their proper use and maintenance.
- H.S.S.E. program and policy implementation, risk and hazard mitigation and management.
- Security procedure enforcement.
- Report writing and presentation.
How to Apply
If you meet our essential criteria and are looking for a role in a dynamic team where you can make a real difference, please submit your application to the HR Manager – Oshwal Education and Relief Board through [email protected]
The application closing date is 11th October 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.