Our client is a fast growing healthcare company utilizing cloud based and mobile technology to provide medical information to ensure provision of quality healthcare and cost reduction.
They seek to hire a Commercial Director who will be tasked with the role of building a commercialization infrastructure to drive business development and revenue growth.
Reporting to: Chief Executing Officer
Commercial Director Job Key Responsibilities
- Develop strategic direction and plans for the company with regards to all commercial functions including sales, marketing, business development and communication
- In charge of implementation and achievement of the company’s business Area’s mission, goals and financial objectives.
- Develop long-term plans and budgets for the department and its activities, monitor progress necessary for the smooth operations of the department
- Develop a strategy and provide leadership for business development opportunities
- Identify opportunities for innovation and market disruption
- Maintain healthy relationships with existing customers and partners
- Developing and creating new business relationships with primarily corporate institutions and insurance companies, and secondarily with hospitals and medical professional institutions
- Provide line management of the sales and marketing staff members
- In charge of the achievement of the departments KPI’s
- Develop and implement the company’s marketing and sales strategy across key market segments to achieve growth
- Responsible to set targets and monitor team member’s performance ensuring timely and regular catch-ups, continuous feedback, conduct appraisal reviews, address performance issues, monitor and support personal development plans and training needs
- Ensure good brand recognition and reputation of the company brand as well as consumer brands
- Identify and lead sales channels to meet and exceed revenue targets
- Manage sales pipeline to ensure targeted sales objectives are met.
- Follow up on sales achievements and report to the CEO on a regular basis
Desired Skills & Qualifications for the Commercial Director Job
- Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any related field.
- 7-10 years experience in an overall commercial/business function having held executive roles preferably in top-tier organizations.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies
- Experience in business development, sales, marketing, product management and channel development in a healthcare sector
- Experience in health insurance sector and mobile money sector will be a plus
- Consistent proven top performer
- Entrepreneurial/business acumen skills
- Outstanding sales and marketing skills.
- Strong creative, innovative strategic, organizational and personal negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical, logical and problem solving skills
- Good strategic and business planning skills will be vital
- Ability to supervise and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt or change to new situations and uncertainty and capable to deal with
- Capacity to conceptualize as well as operationalizing commercial strategies.
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Commercial Director – Healthcare) to [email protected] before Friday 17th January. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.