Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be the lead on Monitoring & Evaluation planning and activity implementation for Heifer International Kenya Country programs. This is a technical position responsible for ensuring the consistent and high quality collection, use and reporting of results data across the program, and throughout the project cycle. S/He will lead development and implementation of Monitoring, Learning, Evaluation systems and processes as well as mechanisms for information and knowledge sharing. S/he will provide technical input to project reviews and proposals. S/He will provide leadership and support in implementations of knowledge and learning management strategy. S/He will lead the implementation of Heifer Project International Global monitoring and evaluation systems at the country level ensuring standards in baseline surveys, impact monitoring and evaluation processes that contribute to the global strategies.
The Officer also represents the Heifer’s country-level management, program knowledge and perspective in the development of strategies within Heifer at large and the development and private sector.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS: Enthusiasm, Orderliness, Compliance, Creativity, Determination, Diligence, Self-starter, critical thinker, curious
RESPONSIBILITIES and DELIVERABLES
(including approximate percentage effort)
Strategic MLE Implementation
Provide technical guidance and support in the implementation of the overall monitoring, learning, and evaluation framework in line with the CP’s 10-year Program Framework and Heifer International’s global goal and monitoring, learning and evaluation requirements (50%)
i. Collaborate with Mission Effectiveness and global MLE network in the adoption and adaptation of technical MLE standards
ii. Defining the Kenya living wage target for every region Heifer Kenya implements its projects by end of November 2016, and thereafter tracking the progress of its achievement annually.
iii. Deploy and optimize use at country level of Heifer International’s system of record for project and program results
iv. Supervise quality data collection and management in accordance to latest industry standards as adopted by Heifer International’s Mission Effectiveness team.
v. Establishment of quality assurance procedures for data prior to its use
vi. Plan and coordinate Country Program Framework reviews, Project Self Reviews and Planning (PSRP) sessions, midterm and final or end of project evaluations.
vii. Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned for program and project results
viii. Develop and set-up of all live projects in Kimetrica system and for all new project established
ix. Developing and maintaining a database for the project beneficiaries in all the key project both internally and in Kimetrica platform on a continuous routine
x. Analyze and discuss emerging issues from progress and evaluation reports and coordinate the development, and monitor and follow up of, action plans for the recommendations to the relevant Program Management and Partners for timely corrective measures
xi. Ensure clear definition of objectives and their results; adequate provision of technical advice for the revision of key indicators. realistic intermediate and end-of-project targets are defined, focused baseline studies are conducted at project start, and clear identification of sources of data and collection methods.
xii. Conduct research to assist project design with relevant secondary information.
xiii. Design project MLE frameworks and log frames
xiv. Provides solutions for more complex data management requirements by leading to development of digital MIS databases, mobile SMS technology etc.
xv. Piloting mobile based data collection processes in partnership with organization such as: Mercy Corps Arifu, we farm, etc.
xvi. Coordinate with Director of Programs to ensure effective project start up, management and closure
xvii. Liaise with Finance and Programs to perform Earned-Value Analysis (EVA) for all projects on semester basis and share report with Senior Management for timely corrective measures.
xviii. Document, package and disseminate lessons learned
Lead and collaborate in the development of people and management strategies to strengthen MLE effectiveness across the country program and Africa area to meet the requirements of an increasingly competitive environment. (35%)
i. Supervision of communication officer, providing mentoring and coaching on approaches and technical methodologies
ii. Participate in exchanges visits with other country programs and other regional assignments to contribute to the MLE activities of Heifer’s program and external networks
iii. Promote a results based approach to Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation emphasizing on data quality, results, and impacts
iv. Contribute in the recruitment, training and supervision of external parties that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating project effects and impacts
v. Build staff and partners’ capacities on MLE through facilitation of trainings, collaboration, and development of MLE tools
vi. Foster quality participatory monitoring by training and involving primary stakeholder groups in the M&E of activities
vii. Continuously build self and professional development knowledge, skills and competencies
Ensure availability of quality project and program data, information, analysis and insights for country staff, management, resource mobilization staff, marketing team and external donors. (15%)
i. Financial analysis of the country program and project’s work is fully integrated into assessment of results and insights
ii. Routine practices and protocols enable timely, relevant and accurate reporting
iii. Visually appealing formats/infographics for reporting across all stakeholders
iv. Present country program achievements and lessons learned to internal and external audience
May Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in several locations.
- Experience with the NGO/Private Voluntary Organization approach, and knowledge of global sustainable development
- Demonstrated ability to implement a logical framework approach or other strategic planning approaches.
- Demonstrated ability of facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of M&E data with multiple stakeholders, information analysis and report writing.
- Knowledgeable of current and emerging ideas, research and developments in the field of international development and a commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Confident in and experienced with the use of technology in development
- Demonstrated technical expertise in designing M&E plans
- Proven experience with data collection methods, standard sampling techniques, use of statistical applications
- Experience in evaluations
- Analysis and presentation of both qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience in participatory methodologies (e.g. PRA) that will be applied in Heifer’s context.
- Experience in development-oriented value chain analysis
- Experience in assessing and managing lean experimental data
- Demonstrated proficiency in English, oral and written, with knowledge of English and Kiswahili.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Preparing and presenting documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to lead teams effectively and exhibit strong conflict resolution skills.
- Proven team and customer care skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in several locations.
- Excellent time management skills, high self- motivation and ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks, demands and deadlines with a positive and constructive attitude.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues both within and outside of Kenya.
- May require constant sitting and moving; working at a computer for extended periods.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Performing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule.
- Willingness to travel both locally and internationally
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Development studies, Social Science, Economics or related to rural sociology, sustainable human and community development or other related field with 3 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and working with international donors and grantees on MLE systems.
- Experience in supporting and monitoring field based programs.
- Experience in managing databases and coordinating evaluations, surveys and impact monitoring at a senior level.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here